Author Topic: Media Thread  (Read 9244 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Media Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2020, 04:02:45 PM »
Bob McKenzie announced his "soft retirement" where he will step back from the day-to-day hockey world and now only contribute once in a while on special occasions (World Juniors, Trade Deadline Day, etc). The end of an era...I may not always have agreed with him but I've always respected his dedication to the craft. Certainly one of the very best of his generation.
It's not denial...I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2020, 05:18:38 PM »
Bobby Mac is the best.

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Sucker punching Logan Couture
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2020, 07:38:57 PM »

I like the guy and think he's a hard worker and good prospect evaluator but I think the "Hockey Insider" thing is probably the worst thing to happen to hockey coverage in the last 30 years.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2020, 06:16:56 PM »
#BeBlessed

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2020, 09:12:53 AM »

Nothing like being quiet when the bs was actually going on and then running in at the end and yelling "I told you so".....

Steve Simmons didn't ask a question. He reported something he wasn't supposed to and then when he was called on it, he threw a temper tantrum.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2020, 09:23:59 AM »
To be clear, Ken Campbell's tweet seems to be in reference to Dubas giving a one word response to this question from Simmons yesterday: "You referenced numerous times that the team didn’t meet its potential. Is it possible that you and Brendan and the staff have misread the potential of this group?"

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2020, 10:03:27 AM »

I finally dropped my sub to THN after they got rid of essentially everyone except this clown.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2020, 10:06:34 AM »

I finally dropped my sub to THN after they got rid of essentially everyone except this clown.

You're missing out on great takes like... if a player shot 25% he'd be a superstar!

Offline Frank E

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2020, 10:44:23 AM »
To be clear, Ken Campbell's tweet seems to be in reference to Dubas giving a one word response to this question from Simmons yesterday: "You referenced numerous times that the team didn’t meet its potential. Is it possible that you and Brendan and the staff have misread the potential of this group?"

I don't have an issue with the question at all.  I also don't have a problem with the answer.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2020, 11:03:35 AM »

I don't have an issue with the question at all.  I also don't have a problem with the answer.

I actually think the question only left Dubas with one option. That was to answer with a resounding "No". How else does he answer that?

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Sucker punching Logan Couture
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2020, 03:44:47 PM »

My hunch is that that wasn't in reference just to that question but a general antipathy from the Leafs towards Simmons which, you know, just breaks my heart.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »

Simmons article asking if Leafs are a playoff team:

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/simmons-are-the-maple-leafs-even-a-playoff-team/wcm/4b2d0ea9-adab-4c9e-a62f-c3589294d636/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Yes it's childish but I can't stop laughing at this reply

?s=21

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2020, 07:48:02 PM »

Simmons article asking if Leafs are a playoff team:

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/simmons-are-the-maple-leafs-even-a-playoff-team/wcm/4b2d0ea9-adab-4c9e-a62f-c3589294d636/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Yes it's childish but I can't stop laughing at this reply

?s=21
Not one vote for Dubas. What a shock that was in there. Funny thing, there's no guarantee any team makes the playoffs next year, even TBay and Boston. He's such a tool.