Author Topic: NBA Off-Season Discussion  (Read 2807 times)

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • TORONTO RAPTORS 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Off-Season Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 07:33:47 AM »
Kawhi gets set for meetings:

Uh, oh.

The Athletic’s Sam Amick claims that while there are many scenarios surrounding the potential future destination for Leonard, the one strong possibility high up on the list is the forward landing in Los Angeles with the Clippers alongside fellow free agent Jimmy Butler. The NBA expert claims that the two-time defensive player of the year is keen to have the Philadelphia 76ers shooting guard/small forward as his “running mate” next season.

https://www.ibtimes.com/raptors-get-final-meeting-slot-kawhi-forward-wants-butler-pairing-2803587
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 07:35:32 AM by hockeyfan1 »

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 07:33:47 AM »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 07:48:04 AM »
Around the league:

The Klay Thompson saga...

Kevin Durant & co.:

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 05:42:44 AM »
The Kawhi saga...

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2019, 05:47:25 AM »
And...

There has been speculation that Leonard might be the outlier in the rush to secure max deals this summer by signing a shorter-term contract with the Toronto Raptors, thereby giving him a chance to chase another championship or two but still leave open a return in his prime to his hometown of Los Angeles.

...most executives expect him to sign a full five-year, $190 million deal if he decides to stay with Toronto. The latest indications are that the combination of winning a championship and a $50 million-plus difference in what he'd make has moved the Raptors past the Clippers as the favourites.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2843055-nba-sources-steph-the-kd-x-factor-tobias-butler-may-bolt-kawhi-wants-to-stay

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2019, 05:27:19 PM »

Huge Day for the Brooklyn Nets. They're going to sign Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant and DeAndre Jordan.

Now, they still probably won't have all three on the same court until November, 2020 but it's still a big deal.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 07:06:57 PM »
Khris Middleton staying put:

Ex-Raptor Jonas Valenciunas  re-signs with Grizzlies.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2019, 07:09:25 PM »
Re:  Kevin Durant

Reports indicated that Durant felt “misled” by the Warriors organization concerning his re-injury.

...does Durant feel the Warriors misled him or pressured him in any way to return? The Bleacher Report story indicated that might be the case.

Bleacher Report recently noted that the Los Angeles Clippers and Philadelphia 76ers are wary of signing Durant because of his injury. It appears the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets are more than willing to sign Durant to a four-year, $164 million max deal.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-tns-bc-bkn-wilkins-durant-sportsplus-20190626-story.html

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 07:29:33 PM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2019, 07:46:18 PM »
The Durant part confirmed, but the Kawhi part...(*hand-wringing*)

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2019, 05:18:45 PM »
Raptors sign Valencia’s Matt Thomas, shooting guard from the Euro league:

More here:
https://ca.nba.com/news/who-is-matt-thomas-fast-facts-on-the-toronto-raptors-latest-signing/fe6ejj9xlgs41n2cvgmem3mi6

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2019, 12:00:55 AM »
Wednesday July 3rd.  Remember the day.  #KawhiWarch

(*chuckle*) 😁

https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2019/07/04/never-stalk-your-crush-with-helicopter-surveillance-what-the-us-media-said-about-us-after-kawhi-leonard-landed-in-toronto.html
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 12:08:33 AM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline Michael

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2019, 08:00:15 AM »
Cris Carter of Fox Sports1 has been right all along about Kawhi news. He says that an announcement is coming today.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2019, 09:22:59 AM »
Cris Carter of Fox Sports1 has been right all along about Kawhi news. He says that an announcement is coming today.

What Kawhi news has there even been to be right about?
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2019, 09:36:37 AM »

He's signing with the Lakers...I mean the Clippers....I mean the Raptors....I mean the Lakers....I mean the Lakers are obviously the right choice because he grew up a Lakers fan.

According to Raptors announcer Eric Smith, Leonard said that while members of his family were Los Angeles Lakers fans, he leaned in a different direction: "I liked Allen Iverson. I was an A.I. fan. I didn't like the Lakers."

The media have been spewing garbage non-stop on Kawhi and it's really silly how desperate they are to insist that he leaves Canada.  If he goes to LA he does it for his reasons but man is it a joke how absurd the media gets over this.

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2019, 09:50:15 AM »

He's signing with the Lakers...I mean the Clippers....I mean the Raptors....I mean the Lakers....I mean the Lakers are obviously the right choice because he grew up a Lakers fan.

According to Raptors announcer Eric Smith, Leonard said that while members of his family were Los Angeles Lakers fans, he leaned in a different direction: "I liked Allen Iverson. I was an A.I. fan. I didn't like the Lakers."

The media have been spewing garbage non-stop on Kawhi and it's really silly how desperate they are to insist that he leaves Canada.  If he goes to LA he does it for his reasons but man is it a joke how absurd the media gets over this.

Any media with some sort of vested interest in Kawhi is desperate and insane about this whole thing. I mean, we followed him in a helicopter!!
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2019, 09:50:15 AM »