Author Topic: Game 6: Bruins @ Leafs - Apr. 21st, 3:00pm - CBC, Fan 590  (Read 4722 times)

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Game 6: Bruins @ Leafs - Apr. 21st, 3:00pm - CBC, Fan 590
« Reply #315 on: April 22, 2019, 06:22:53 PM »
Is Hainsey back for game 7?
Why wouldn't he be? He did come back after leaving for a brief time in the 2nd period.

Thanks. I didnít see any notes of his return.

Also I wanted to see
Gardiner-Rielly
Muzzin-Zaitsev
Rosen-Dermott
#BeBlessed

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2019, 06:41:26 PM »
Is Hainsey back for game 7?
Why wouldn't he be? He did come back after leaving for a brief time in the 2nd period.

Thanks. I didnít see any notes of his return.

Also I wanted to see
Gardiner-Rielly
Muzzin-Zaitsev
Rosen-Dermott
Def not. Gardiner will get lit up if he goes against the Bruins top guys. The guy can barely skate out there. Hainsey isn't coming out. He's actually played well, minus the pk. He's only been on for 1 even goal against and 5 overall. By contrast Zaitsev, Muzzin, Marner and Hyman have been on for 11 against in the series.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2019, 06:41:26 PM »

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 22, 2019, 09:52:58 PM »
Those results seem more like a function of who theyíre matched against.
#BeBlessed

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 22, 2019, 09:54:12 PM »
Thatís why you donít pull the goalie til you have the puck.  How many times will Babcock get burned on this?  Someone please tell me how Babcock is not costing us this series. 

Huge opportunity and leafs didnít bother to show until the 3rd period.   91 and 16, would be nice if they did anything really. 

Of course.  More Marleau in extra attacker situation, Babcock is a joke.
We have pulled the goalie so early so many times this year just to get immediately scored on. It's so frustrating. It feels like an opportunity taken from the players to tie it up.
The math shakes out that Coaches have generally pulled too late. At the end of the day you can't argue something that didn't happen so who's to say we wouldn't get scored on later on? Or that it just wasn't enough time to get enough zone time?

Anyway I think the bigger issue is pulling without control in the O-Zone. I think doing that beforehand is crazy.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 22, 2019, 09:55:29 PM »
They could lose 12-0 on Tuesday and Babcock won't get fired.  And he shouldn't.  Back to back 100-point seasons show he's doing something right.

That said ... I agree with Busta that if the lose Tuesday, and don't win a round next year, he could be in jeopardy.  This has been an even series and I rather doubt any one of his coaching "irregularities" has cost them a game.  But I do think he doesn't get the last 10% out of the lineup because of his coaching.  I'll be real interested in how he handles the bench if they fall behind by a couple of goals early on Tuesday.

Cassidy making game to game adjustments, scratched Backes yesterday because he was doing nothing, Babcock gives Marleau extra ice time because he's, doing nothing. You can't tell me that Babcock's lineup and ice time decisions haven't negatively impacted this series. The Leafs are the more talented team but Babs thinks they're grinders.  This should have been the Leafs series in 5 or 6 games.
Yeah but why wouldn't Boston fans think the same thing? Why shouldn't they believe that their team, who had the better regular season and special teams and best line in the game believe that they could beat US in 5 or 6?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 23, 2019, 08:21:40 PM »
Yes time for Ennis and Moore to play with Willie
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki