Author Topic: Game 2: Leafs @ Bruins - Apr. 13th, 8:00pm - CBC, Fan 590  (Read 5141 times)

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Game 2: Leafs @ Bruins - Apr. 13th, 8:00pm - CBC, Fan 590
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2019, 10:40:42 PM »
How bout another Matthews no show.   This guy sure isnít stepping it up when it counts.

I thought he was a lot better than Tavares tonight.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2019, 10:40:42 PM »

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2019, 10:41:46 PM »
1-1 coming out of Boston?  I'm taking that.

Leafs can't get baited into playing more games like that, though.  They weren't skating in the 1st and they cannot play like that.  But they fought back, Andersen was brilliant, and the D -- the D! -- was the best part of the team.

Keep it up.

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2019, 10:43:26 PM »
This really isn't a disaster. We didn't get the PPs or the bounces, but apart from Nylander, the pushback and compete level as a whole was great to see.

Hey, if Toronto fans were offered a split coming out of Boston, who wouldn't be pleased?

Apart from Nylander? What about Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Johnsson, and Kapanen?

Offline BermudaBudsFan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 13, 2019, 10:43:56 PM »

Leafs can't get baited into playing more games like that, though.  They weren't skating in the 1st and they cannot play like that.  But they fought back, Andersen was brilliant, and the D -- the D! -- was the best part of the team.

Keep it up.
Exactly.  Split of the first two is a good result.  Just hope Kadri isnít suspended and he can control his aggression for the rest of the series.

Offline Palmateer29

• Marlie
  • TML Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 13, 2019, 10:44:15 PM »
Really need to think about trading Nylander in the offseason.  He isnít an xfactor.   Unless people think he will rebound next season.
Selling low is not a good idea.

This is a good point.   I guess you could look at the acquired cap space as the win in the trade.

Just. Stop.

I've tried to be as tolerant as possible, but this is just absolute garbage.

Because he's not worth anywhere near what they signed him for?
So giving away a good player. Yeah we haven't done that before.
He's a good player at 5 million a year, he's way over paid at 7. He's soft at the best of times, make great offensive plays if there's a chance he can score otherwise he skates around the net and throws it away, or like everyone else on the team (which Boston has figured out) he skates into the zone and stops and cuts back which works if you don't do it every time you enter the offensive zone. Just wondering which good player that we were overpaying did we give away? Phaneuf? Colburne?

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2019, 10:44:43 PM »

Keep it up.

Agreed. Nice to see a level head. 1-1 coming out of Boston is all we can ask for. They've got a couple days to calm down and get back to their game.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2019, 10:45:29 PM »
I missed too much of the game to properly vote, but Andersen is the man for sure. I liked Muzzinís play for the most part (bad luck on goal 1).

I want the Leafs to take the high road on the reffing (which led to two more Bruin injuries), but part of me wants to see Babcock and Dubas rip them up like wax strips off Steve Carrell.

Offline azzurri63

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 13, 2019, 10:45:50 PM »
Willy just watching Kadri getting manhandled by Chara.

Lol, what do you want him to do? I'd say the best approach would be to sneak up and try to untie his skates.

Stand up for your teammate. Something. I know the guys a freak but donít just stand there. Chara should of got two there anyway manhandled Kadri and took a punch at him and nothing.

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 13, 2019, 10:46:19 PM »
Nylander had a bad game but he's recorded points in both, so let's not lose all perspective.

Offline lc9

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 13, 2019, 10:46:34 PM »
How bout another Matthews no show.   This guy sure isnít stepping it up when it counts.
None of the forwards showed up.

True.

Offline Chris

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 13, 2019, 10:46:43 PM »

Keep it up.
Yep, split is good. Kadri will be suspended for at least a game. Leaf forwards had no answer tonight for the most part, looked like they wanted nothing to do with the physical play (except Kadri, but he can't control himself). Lots of rushed plays, weak shots from low danger areas. Hopefully they get things together and are prepared for the next game.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 10:48:30 PM by Chris »

Offline Frycer14

• Rookie
  • Wheel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 13, 2019, 10:47:40 PM »
This really isn't a disaster. We didn't get the PPs or the bounces, but apart from Nylander, the pushback and compete level as a whole was great to see.

Hey, if Toronto fans were offered a split coming out of Boston, who wouldn't be pleased?

Apart from Nylander? What about Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Johnsson, and Kapanen?

They competed. Nylander was an abject disaster tonight.

Offline Palmateer29

• Marlie
  • TML Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 13, 2019, 10:48:45 PM »

Keep it up.
Exactly.  Split of the first two is a good result.  Just hope Kadri isnít suspended and he can control his aggression for the rest of the series.

What's the over/under on the suspension? I'm going with 3 games as a repeat, repeat offender

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 13, 2019, 10:48:50 PM »
One thing about a possible Kadri suspension: the refs invited the game to get out of hand, and surprise! it did.

Offline Leaffan61

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 13, 2019, 10:49:03 PM »

I thought he was a lot better than Tavares tonight.

Neither one of them showed.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #284 on: April 13, 2019, 10:49:03 PM »