Author Topic: Leafs @ Predators - Mar. 19th, 8:00pm - TSN4, Fan 590  (Read 2694 times)

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Predators - Mar. 19th, 8:00pm - TSN4, Fan 590
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2019, 07:59:10 AM »
You also don’t buy their wins.   I get venting during a game but you are just pissing over literally the best season this team has had in 20+ years.

Leafs win: Typical Caryle hockey

Leafs lose, but play well: Just win baby!

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »
Not sure what Freddie was doing there.  5 straight games  leafs have given up the 1st goal. 

Since Dec 20th Freddie has given up at least 2 goals in every game but one.

I really don't understand the significance of this stat.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2019, 08:50:52 AM »
Not sure what Freddie was doing there.  5 straight games  leafs have given up the 1st goal. 

The routinely giving up the first goal is definitely concerning.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Online OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2019, 09:27:10 AM »

If you're speaking of his second statement, I am confused as well. The Leafs should of won 0 to -1 last night? It's mind boggling when a group of fans point at the goalie in a loss that the team doesn't even get on the board.

Also, moral victories are a thing. It's great that someone on a message board doesn't buy it, but this game was played well. Two defensive miscues aside, the Leafs showed they could limit a top team to 19 shots by playing good defense. They had some chances on offense but couldn't convert.

Believe me, they aren't high-fiving each other in the locker room, but they should feel slightly better than they did coming out of Saturday's 6-2 loss. Tonight could of spelled disaster, and when Muzzin coughed that puck up to start the game(the idiotic backhand up the middle), i thought..oh great, here we go. And then again 5 minutes later when they converted on his boneheaded pass, I thought, yup, another blowout. But it wasn't. They shut the door. They just couldn't score. After 4 terrible games, you can't expect them to become world beaters overnight . Confidence doesn't just suddenly reappear.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:11:27 PM by OldTimeHockey »

Offline Chris

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2019, 10:59:55 AM »
You also don’t buy their wins.   I get venting during a game but you are just pissing over literally the best season this team has had in 20+ years.

Leafs win: Typical Caryle hockey

Leafs lose, but play well: Just win baby!

I didn't see all of the game last night, but what I did see didn't look like Carlyle hockey. They appeared to play a solid game for
the most part, with more emphasis on defense. Good compete level. Of course, the problem is they didn't generate a lot of
chances and none of them went in the net. Still, I consider it a sign of progress considering what we've seen from the lately (and
for much of the season for that matter).

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2019, 11:21:55 AM »
Moore up with Kadri and Kapanen.   Finally.   Marleau to the 4th line
Didn't I ask for this on Page 1 of the game day thread.  Time to tie Patty to the 4th line
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2019, 11:24:50 AM »
The quality of the game they played is almost more important than the points.  Though it would be nice to have home ice against BOS.

Ferraro is right. Completely different team play than last week’s flu-ridden affairs.
Don't think the Edmonton Flu was given enough credence, most of us can't get our heads off the pillow with a bad flu, imagine having to play pro hockey feeling like that.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2019, 11:58:51 AM »

Especially using 2 goals as a baseline. Giving up only 2 goals is a good night, and gives your team a very good chance to win. 2 goals or less is where I want expect a top goalie to be most nights. 3 is where things start getting problematic.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan