Author Topic: Injury Updates  (Read 4033 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Injury Updates
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 05:03:51 PM »

Yikes. Wouldn't be surprised if Gardiner had a similar timeline.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 05:03:51 PM »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2019, 02:27:26 AM »
As far as injuries are concerned, the Leafs rank last in man games lost cap-wise:

Itís ironic isnít it that Dermott and subsequently Gardiner are out at one of the most crucial times in the season.

Offline Guilt Trip

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 12:15:11 PM »

Itís ironic isnít it that Dermott and subsequently Gardiner are out at one of the most crucial times in the season.
I wouldn't say it's a crucial time right now. Leafs are pretty comfy in a playoff spot. A month from now and we're probably talking different.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 12:39:50 PM »

I wouldn't say it's a crucial time right now. Leafs are pretty comfy in a playoff spot. A month from now and we're probably talking different.
Man aren't the Leafs quiet on the injury front, what is going on with everyone? How bad is Jake's back, will he play again this season?  As someone with a bad back, SWT therapy and great chiropractor should have someone on his feet within days, not weeks, so to me it sounds like a disk issue. Keyhole surgery is basically now a walk in and walk out procedure.
Babcock whispers that Dermott will be back sooner than Jake, but how soon?  What about the state of Rosen?  How badly is Kapi concussed? Hey Leafs we wants some info.  Inquiring minds, want to know!!

Why all this secrecy, we feed on this stuff.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 02:14:04 PM »
Leafs are pretty comfy in a playoff spot.

I was told quite vociferously a month ago, that if they kept playing like the bottom 5 team they have been since the new year, the Leafs would be in jeopardy of losing their playoff spot to the upstart Montreal Canadiens.
#BeBlessed

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 02:17:24 PM »
Man aren't the Leafs quiet on the injury front, what is going on with everyone? How bad is Jake's back, will he play again this season?  As someone with a bad back, SWT therapy and great chiropractor should have someone on his feet within days, not weeks, so to me it sounds like a disk issue. Keyhole surgery is basically now a walk in and walk out procedure.
Babcock whispers that Dermott will be back sooner than Jake, but how soon?  What about the state of Rosen?  How badly is Kapi concussed? Hey Leafs we wants some info.  Inquiring minds, want to know!!

I have (self-diagnosed) cubital tunnel syndrome in the right arm, Highlander, if that helps scratch that particular itch to know. It hasn't affected my ping pong game though.
#BeBlessed

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2019, 02:32:52 PM »

I have (self-diagnosed) cubital tunnel syndrome in the right arm, Highlander, if that helps scratch that particular itch to know. It hasn't affected my ping pong game though.
I guess it helps a bit Herman, thanks for the tid bit.  LOL
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2019, 02:53:59 PM »

I was told quite vociferously a month ago, that if they kept playing like the bottom 5 team they have been since the new year, the Leafs would be in jeopardy of losing their playoff spot to the upstart Montreal Canadiens.

Yup. That darn 12-6-3 record since the end of January. Only a 105 point pace. Just pathetically bottom 5. ;D
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2019, 04:08:20 PM »

Yup. That darn 12-6-3 record since the end of January. Only a 105 point pace. Just pathetically bottom 5. ;D

You can slice the schedule any way you want.  If you had started with the beginning of Jan as opposed to the end of Jan (a larger sample size) the Leafs are 16-12-3 or a 92 point pace.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2019, 04:16:46 PM »
You can slice the schedule any way you want.  If you had started with the beginning of Jan as opposed to the end of Jan (a larger sample size) the Leafs are 16-12-3 or a 92 point pace.

And if you started at the beginning of October as opposed to the beginning of January the Leafs are 42-23-5 or a 104 point pace.

Online Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 04:18:13 PM »

And if you started at the beginning of October as opposed to the beginning of January the Leafs are 42-23-5 or a 104 point pace.

But if you start from the beginning of this week the Leafs are 0-2 or a 0 point pace.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2019, 04:19:47 PM »
But if you start from the beginning of this week the Leafs are 0-2 or a 0 point pace.

Still ahead of the Bruins!

Online Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2019, 04:20:58 PM »

Still ahead of the Bruins!

That's a good point!  8)

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2019, 04:39:48 PM »

Sure. I prefer to not lump their slump from 6+ weeks ago in with their current performance, or over react to two bad games, but, hey, you do whatever makes you happy.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2019, 10:45:10 AM »
A handful of updates from the past few days:

On the Saturday Headlines they said Gardiner wasn't progressing as quickly as the team originally hoped. No other real update there but there hasn't been any positive news. Dermott is "much closer" to returning. Also mentioned that Rosen is about a week away if the team wants to look at him as a call-up.

@LeafsPR just posted that Gauthier will be out for at least the next two games with a foot injury.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2019, 10:45:10 AM »