Author Topic: Leafs Playoffs - Casual Fan Edition  (Read 6131 times)

Online Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs Playoffs - Casual Fan Edition
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2018, 09:17:30 PM »
No need to talk down to people, and if someone does, consider their opinion invalidated.

I don't necessarily disagree but I don't think that's any sort of standard you can have for a relatively open message board. All of the mods/staff here are doing this on a volunteer basis and they're doing their best to uphold what are pretty clear cut rules. I don't think it would be fair to ask them to ensure every post is sufficiently respectful or tonally friendly or whatever. Not only because that's a subjective concept but also because my bet is everyone would have a floating standard based on whether or not they agreed with a post.

If you think a poster is too dismissive or rude or whatever, there is an ignore function. I really don't see how people making liberal use of that wouldn't entirely solve the issue here. If someone doesn't like how I, or anyone else, posts...put me or whoever on ignore.

I didn't mean the mods should do it. I meant if someone is biligerent to a poster, that poster could just ignore the jerky part or the entire post of the othe

"Why didn't you counter my argument?"

"Cause you were a dick about it."

And my seven year old is yelling at me for yelling at the tv. Bedtime for one of us!

I'm sure she'll tell you the score in the morning.

Bill has left the building! For bed.

Bill, I'm sure your daughter doesn't call you that.  I think it's still you.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2018, 09:17:30 PM »

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2018, 09:25:36 PM »
How come you have an outdoor bed, Bill?

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2018, 09:26:19 PM »
I liked the idea of having a low key, fan boy, all positive thread.

It would be great if this was that thread.

I think the problem is an education one.

Internet forums are just like S&M.  You need a safe word.  Now in the early days of the internet, that safe word was Hitler.  Basically an argument would go on until one person called the other person Hitler, and then the argument was over. 

So you see, we don't need a special forum, we just need a code word which means "I'm done".   
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2018, 09:26:48 PM »

Yeah Bill!!!!  There are a lot of holes in your story here.

Offline Bill_Berg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2018, 09:27:12 PM »

Have you checked the temperature? Summer is back!

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2018, 09:27:54 PM »
I didn't mean the mods should do it. I meant if someone is biligerent to a poster, that poster could just ignore the jerky part or the entire post of the othe

"Why didn't you counter my argument?"

"Cause you were a dick about it."

Right, no, I agree. This should be able to be resolved by people using either the ignore function the board provides or being mature enough to just personally ignore posts they don't like.

Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2018, 10:07:20 PM »

Have you checked the temperature? Summer is back!

It's still rainy season. Tarp up!

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2018, 10:25:23 PM »
Everybody in good spirits after a win now? Everybody get what they wanted to off their chest? Great.

Let's turn this thread back to what it's original purpose was, which is "to vent about the team, and who should or shouldn't play, based on the ol' fashioned eye test, please post here". Nobody here has any objections to the use of this thread for that reason. I think it's a great idea quite frankly.

If anyone wants to carry on the conversation that this thread has turned into today... feel free to do it via PM to whichever members of the moderation/admin team you'd like.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2018, 10:27:44 PM »
I'll start: Hainsey has been fantastic the past couple of games, even if his advanced numbers are dogpoo in them. The whole team, but him in particular, have been playing Pastrnak a lot more physically than they did earlier in the series and it's been a massive improvement.

Offline Bill_Berg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2018, 10:30:34 PM »
I gotta say Polak has looked serviceable too. Still prefer Johnsson to Komarov though.

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2018, 10:32:54 PM »
I'll start: Hainsey has been fantastic the past couple of games, even if his advanced numbers are dogpoo in them. The whole team, but him in particular, have been playing Pastrnak a lot more physically than they did earlier in the series and it's been a massive improvement.

In what I'm sure is a logical fallacy, I'll say that we have pretty good evidence reason to think that what separates the Leafs from a Championship team isn't the difference between Ron Hainsey and whoever.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Online princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2018, 10:57:56 PM »
Are we allowed to mention save percentage in this thread because I think the leafs have a strong chance whenever their save percentage is .970 or higher.

Offline Strangelove

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2018, 11:08:40 PM »

He's been better at clearing the front of the net but man does he ever give the puck away a ton. He seems to be more effective with less ice-time though. Old man needs his rest.

Online Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2018, 11:34:38 PM »
Are we allowed to mention save percentage in this thread because I think the leafs have a strong chance whenever their save percentage is .970 or higher.
No, only +/- allowed! I think we have a strong chance when Andersen allows less goals than Rask.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2018, 11:55:48 PM »
No, only +/- allowed! I think we have a strong chance when Andersen allows less goals than Rask.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2018, 11:55:48 PM »