Author Topic: Bailey signs extension with NYI [6 years, $5mil AAV]  (Read 396 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Bailey signs extension with NYI [6 years, $5mil AAV]
« on: February 23, 2018, 12:07:00 PM »

Bailey is of course having a ridiculous season with Tavares, scoring 62 points in 58 games. Pretty good contract year. The odds of him staying at that pace are pretty slim but he did score 56 points last season too which isn't bad. Considering his monster year I actually thought he might get closer to $6mil.

TMLfans.ca

Bailey signs extension with NYI [6 years, $5mil AAV]
« on: February 23, 2018, 12:07:00 PM »

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Bailey signs extension with NYI [6 years, $5mil AAV]
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 12:11:31 PM »
I'm surprised they did this prior to locking down Tavares.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 12:12:45 PM »

Most people seem to see this as something to entice Tavares to stay.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 12:19:52 PM »

Most people seem to see this as something to entice Tavares to stay.

Look, we've signed that guy who helped you help this team get to the mushy middle, oooooh

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 12:21:32 PM »
All Tavares has to do is look at last night's game.  Leafs played like crap and still beat the Islanders.  Come on down Johnny!

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 12:57:12 PM »
I would have been interested in him as a potential Bozak replacement in the summer, but figured he would have been too expensive. At this price, I would have jumped on it. Oh well.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 01:07:09 PM »
I would have been interested in him as a potential Bozak replacement in the summer, but figured he would have been too expensive. At this price, I would have jumped on it. Oh well.

I guess we'll have to settle for his linemate.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 01:12:03 PM »

I guess we'll have to settle for his linemate.

I mean, if we have to, I suppose I'm okay with that.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 02:05:21 PM »
Fun facts to remember:  Cliff Fletcher traded up in the 2008 draft with the Islanders to draft Luke Schenn at #5.  Islanders traded down twice from #5 to #7 to #9, and picked Bailey at #9.  By trading down 4 spots to draft Bailey, the Islanders got 3 extra picks:

Via two trades, the Islanders earned three extra draft picks. Earlier, the Islanders acquired the ninth overall pick and the 40th overall pick in 2008 from Nashville in exchange for the seventh overall pick. Prior to that, the Islanders acquired the seventh overall pick and the 60th overall pick in 2008 and a 2009 third-round pick or the 68th overall pick from 2008 and a 2009 second-round selection from Toronto in exchange for the 2008 fifth overall pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/31295-new-york-selects-joshua-bailey-trades-down-twice
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »
Fun facts to remember:  Cliff Fletcher traded up in the 2008 draft with the Islanders to draft Luke Schenn at #5.  Islanders traded down twice from #5 to #7 to #9, and picked Bailey at #9.  By trading down 4 spots to draft Bailey, the Islanders got 3 extra picks:

Via two trades, the Islanders earned three extra draft picks. Earlier, the Islanders acquired the ninth overall pick and the 40th overall pick in 2008 from Nashville in exchange for the seventh overall pick. Prior to that, the Islanders acquired the seventh overall pick and the 60th overall pick in 2008 and a 2009 third-round pick or the 68th overall pick from 2008 and a 2009 second-round selection from Toronto in exchange for the 2008 fifth overall pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/31295-new-york-selects-joshua-bailey-trades-down-twice

Where's the "fun" part of this??

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »

Where's the "fun" part of this??
ya I almost got nauseated reading that mind twisting stuff
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »