Author Topic: Leafs Injury Updates  (Read 46847 times)

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs Injury Updates
« Reply #450 on: March 07, 2012, 02:58:22 PM »
I'd suspect the broken nose is only part of the problem, probably at least a partial re-occurrence of concussion symptoms or at the very least a 24 hour observational period just to make sure he is fine after repeated blows to the head.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:06:06 PM by WhatIfGodWasALeaf »

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 07, 2012, 02:58:58 PM »
Broken nose? Put on a cage and play! God am I ever sick of Armstrong.

Depends on how badly it's broken, where on the nose it's broken, etc. It's entirely possible that his face is swollen to the point where it impacts his vision - especially less than 24 hours after it broke.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #451 on: March 07, 2012, 02:58:58 PM »

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 07, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »

Depends on how badly it's broken, where on the nose it's broken, etc. It's entirely possible that his face is swollen to the point where it impacts his vision - especially less than 24 hours after it broke.

Or his breathing for that matter. He can't very well play if he can't breath properly.
BWB

Offline pnjunction

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 07, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »
You know the only reason I can think to care about the Armstrong injury is that the ability to trade him in the off-season just got worse if that was even possible

Positive side of Lupul: his shoulder should heal and rehab by next season.  It's not a back injury or concussion...

Offline Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 07, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »

Or his breathing for that matter. He can't very well play if he can't breath properly.

he hasnt played well breathing or not :-\

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 07, 2012, 03:17:15 PM »
Yeah I know. I'm just fed up with Armstrong.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 07, 2012, 03:21:55 PM »
You know the only reason I can think to care about the Armstrong injury is that the ability to trade him in the off-season just got worse if that was even possible

A broken nose will have absolutely no impact on the team's ability to trade him.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline pnjunction

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 07, 2012, 03:46:53 PM »

A broken nose will have absolutely no impact on the team's ability to trade him.

I don't know it looks like he is still doing his china doll impression and also takes away some games where he might've salvaged his season and shown himself to be a useful player.  He was looking a bit better before getting hurt, had a scoring chance and fight.  His previous 9 games coming off his last injury he was useless and now he's out again.  Could he come back for the last dozen games and play close his salary level?  Maybe but it seems less likely now that he'll have a stretch of good play to 'showcase' himself.

Offline LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Reverse Tank!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »

I don't know it looks like he is still doing his china doll impression and also takes away some games where he might've salvaged his season and shown himself to be a useful player.  He was looking a bit better before getting hurt, had a scoring chance and fight.  His previous 9 games coming off his last injury he was useless and now he's out again.  Could he come back for the last dozen games and play close his salary level?  Maybe but it seems less likely now that he'll have a stretch of good play to 'showcase' himself.

Armstrong has looked soooo slow since coming back from his last injury.  I love(d) Armstrong, but you may as well dress a pilon.
“How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, they’re coming home. Mark my words, they’ll be coming.”
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos Drew Doughty John Tavares

Offline Moot Point

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 07, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
A pilon!  Hey that describes how I play ice hockey.  A slow moving pilon.
I guess we're optimists because we are Maple Leaf Fans.

Offline Britishbulldog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 07, 2012, 06:42:12 PM »
Yeah I know. I'm just fed up with Armstrong.

I would love to dog pile on this.   ;D

Can I now play some of the youtube videos of his gutless hits on unsuspecting/vulnerable opponents.  I remember when some were trying to convince me of his toughness....oh but I heard he is funny in the locker room.
All The Best
Dan

Offline proteus2000

• Marlie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 07, 2012, 06:50:23 PM »
I feel bad for Lupul...he looked pretty solid to finish top 10 in scoring which is quite an achievement (Mats only did this twice in his career).

Lupul knew he was really hurt after he got up from that hit, impressive that he finished the play with his stick in his left hand. He's the Leafs toughest and most physical player in their top 6 for sure, and will be missed.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 07, 2012, 08:16:17 PM »
jonasTSN1050: Unless Brown is a late scratch, Ashton would NOT be emergency call-up.

markhmasters: Other 3: Gardiner & Frattin (so they can be eligible for AHL playoffs) & Rosehill RT @jonasTSN1050 Leafs burn final call-up w Ashton playing

Offline Bonsixx

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 08, 2012, 10:14:27 AM »
Are they going to IR Lupul or just keep him DTD for four weeks? That'll screw me in my hockey pool if they don't put him on IR.

Offline lamajama

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 08, 2012, 01:37:35 PM »
Any update on Brown and Franson?
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.