Author Topic: Frederik Andersen  (Read 16297 times)

Offline azzurri63

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Frederik Andersen
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2019, 06:41:10 PM »
Hilarious seen the post in another forum and first guy I thought was Willy. Not sure why everything else he's been firing at the net has been wide.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2019, 06:41:10 PM »

Offline Frycer14

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2019, 08:44:43 PM »
Hilarious seen the post in another forum and first guy I thought was Willy. Not sure why everything else he's been firing at the net has been wide.

I think the best bet for Nylander is to get coke bottle glasses like Charlie Sheen in Major League, and it'll all turn around.

Offline Andy

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 06, 2019, 08:23:49 AM »
Well, seeing is the most important thing...

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2019, 10:54:15 AM »

Also, Freddy comes up after 2 more years. What do you think he gets open market continuing his numbers from the last three years. He'll be 31. I'm sure we all agree he's on a value contract right now at $5-million. Tons of minutes and saves, great numbers and high value chances against. Strong mentally and rarely gets injured.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2019, 11:59:21 AM »
Holtby's next contract (UFA next summer) will probably set the market there. Pretty similar goalies:

-Both 29 years old
-Both coming off similar 5-year deals (Andersen's AAV was $5mil, Holtby's $6.1mil)
-Both play on high-offensive teams
-Similar-ish win totals and save percentage the last few years, although Holtby's numbers the past 2 seasons are a little under his career norms
-Neither's save percentage is really in the "elite" category
-Holtby has a Vezina trophy and a Stanley Cup, Andersen (to date) does not

Honestly, I'd have a hard time projecting him over $7mil right now. Especially considering he'll be 31 (edit: his birthday is Oct. 2nd, so he'll be 32 years old when his next deal starts) and goalies are weird.

But of course a lot can happen in the next 2 years, and his performance in that time will be what mostly decides his new deal.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 12:04:05 PM by CarltonTheBear »

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2019, 12:11:07 PM »
Holtby's next contract (UFA next summer) will probably set the market there. Pretty similar goalies:

-Both 29 years old
-Both coming off similar 5-year deals (Andersen's AAV was $5mil, Holtby's $6.1mil)
-Both play on high-offensive teams
-Similar-ish win totals and save percentage the last few years, although Holtby's numbers the past 2 seasons are a little under his career norms
-Neither's save percentage is really in the "elite" category
-Holtby has a Vezina trophy and a Stanley Cup, Andersen (to date) does not

Honestly, I'd have a hard time projecting him over $7mil right now. Especially considering he'll be 31 (edit: his birthday is Oct. 2nd, so he'll be 32 years old when his next deal starts) and goalies are weird.

But of course a lot can happen in the next 2 years, and his performance in that time will be what mostly decides his new deal.

Let's hope he wins a Stanley Cup in the next 2 years and we are forced into a massive overpay for his unsustainable 2-year explosion.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2019, 12:16:39 PM »
Let's hope he wins a Stanley Cup in the next 2 years and we are forced into a massive overpay for his unsustainable 2-year explosion.

Nah Dubas is ruthless. He's give him his ring and then trade his rights for a 6th before becoming an UFA.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2019, 12:16:39 PM »