Author Topic: Game 13 - Leafs @ Bluejackets - Thursday November 3rd, 2011 - 19:00 EST - 4-1 W  (Read 31752 times)

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
9-3-1, come on, this can't be really true can it?

Offline barney_rebel

• Veteran
  • The GDT Troll
    • View Profile
We rule man.
WE _____ MAN

TMLfans.ca

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
There's a lot to quibble with in this game. Some sluggish play. Barely any shots. Some bad special teams play and so on.

But that said, I mean, this is exactly the kind of game the Leafs need to play from time to time. The second night of a back to back against a substandard team and they grind out a win because they're a better team then Columbus.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Game 13 - Leafs @ Bluejackets - Thursday November 3rd, 2011 - 19:00 EST - Snet-O
« Reply #348 on: November 03, 2011, 09:29:44 PM »
So now what to do with Scrivens, think he still goes down much the same way Reimer did last year until he came back for good.  He has done nothing but been effective at every level, much like Reims.

Yeah well... its been one game. Against the NHLs worst team. I wouldnt "start building statues" just yet.

I know I can't prove it but we lose this game tonight if Gustavsson was in there.

Offline Derk

• Veteran
  • Robble
    • View Profile
And the Leafs win and move into first overall in the NHL. :o

Offline Mack674

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Best in the NHL.

..... I see.
"None of your business"

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
Pretty much said it all.

They looked tired against Ottawa Sunday too.  Back to backs with travel is always tough.

Either way nice to steal the 2 points

Yeah. I can't be too upset about the effort tonight, all things considered. Back to back games to end a stretch of 7 of 8 on the road . . . not exactly the recipe for a great effort. But, a win's a win, even with the lacklustre effort tonight. The PK didn't allow a goal, so, there's that. I'll take it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Stebro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
We're first, and yet we have quite questionable special teams, although the pk looked a bit better today, but there's still room for a lot of improvement.
Life only demands from you the strength that you possess. Only one feat is possible; not to run away.

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Well done Scrivens and the 3rd period wasn't awful from the Leafs for a team that looked pretty tired. 

Also, maybe the advanced stats don't bear it out, but the PK seems much better when Steckel is on the ice.  He's a smart veteran player.  Something the forward corp. has been lacking the last couple of years.  He called out the team for their PK work and it certainly looked like he tried to back up his talk with his play.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:33:44 PM by L K »

Offline TheMightyOdin

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Ben Scrivens, very well done young man.
The Catalyst?

Offline Kessel Run

• Veteran
    • View Profile
And the Leafs win and move into first overall in the NHL. :o

Wacky.

Offline Moot Point

• Prospect
    • View Profile
We are 1st in the league.  Had to login just to make that statement.
I guess we're optimists because we are Maple Leaf Fans.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
Pretty much said it all.

They looked tired against Ottawa Sunday too.  Back to backs with travel is always tough.

Either way nice to steal the 2 points

Yeah. I can't be too upset about the effort tonight, all things considered. Back to back games to end a stretch of 7 of 8 on the road . . . not exactly the recipe for a great effort. But, a win's a win, even with the lacklustre effort tonight. The PK didn't allow a goal, so, there's that. I'll take it.

Yeah, and if they lost, I'm sure come March depending on how the standings shake out we'd be kicking ourselves for points like this missed out on.  Get the 2 points any way you can.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
9-3-1, come on, this can't be really true can it?

Best start since 1999-2000.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline leafplasma

• Veteran
  • Blue Bones Baby
    • View Profile
So now what to do with Scrivens, think he still goes down much the same way Reimer did last year until he came back for good.  He has done nothing but been effective at every level, much like Reims.

Yeah well... its been one game. Against the NHLs worst team. I wouldnt "start building statues" just yet.

I know I can't prove it but we lose this game tonight if Gustavsson was in there.
No they still win but 4-3 with a softie thrown in.