Author Topic: Jays Roster Discussion  (Read 52528 times)

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
Re: Jays Roster Discussion
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2016, 04:29:47 PM »
Encarnacion, Donaldson, and Estrada named to All Star team. Saunders included in the vote off for the final spot.

Surprised Sanchez isn't in there.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2016, 04:29:47 PM »

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2016, 04:37:01 PM »
Surprised Sanchez isn't in there.

My guess is, if there wasn't the requirement for every team to be represented, he would be.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline TimKerr

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2016, 05:31:42 PM »
Estrada just got placed in the 15 day DL. Does he still get to go and get introduced but not actually play?

Online Joe S.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2016, 06:45:17 PM »
If he chooses then yes he can.

Online L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2016, 07:09:53 PM »
Saunders is going to the All-Star game.

Offline Darryl

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2016, 11:45:38 AM »
Saunders is going to the All-Star game.
Jays fans showing up to win the final vote again.

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2016, 04:15:27 PM »
Aaron Sanchez has been added to the all-star game roster to replace injured Craig Kimbrel.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2016, 04:26:33 PM »
Aaron Sanchez has been added to the all-star game roster to replace injured Craig Kimbrel.

I'm really glad to hear that.

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2016, 12:36:47 PM »
So what do people think the Jays are going to do here?

If Estrada can't get healthy (which isn't looking good at this point), and Sanchez probably moving to bullpen, they're obviously going to need some pieces there.

Assuming the expiring contract guys don't net starting pitchers, which guys are valuable trade chips?

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2016, 10:57:55 AM »
The Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson made A.L. history in Sunday's win against  the Detroit Tigers, in becoming the  sixth player to have scored 80 runs & 20 home runs before the All-Star break.

Source:  Sportsnet

Offline TimKerr

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »

If Estrada can't get healthy (which isn't looking good at this point), and Sanchez probably moving to bullpen, they're obviously going to need some pieces there.

Assuming the expiring contract guys don't net starting pitchers, which guys are valuable trade chips?

If Estrada doesn;t come back for a while, I don't see how they can move Sanchez to the bullpen. I mean he is an All-Star in his first year as a starter. That decision would be puzzling.

As for trade chips, I don't know their prospect pool well enough, however, I still think they might trade one of Bautista/Encarnacion. If they know they can't sign both of them next year, they can be tempted to move one of them at the deadline for some pitching.

Online Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2016, 11:04:18 AM »

If Estrada doesn;t come back for a while, I don't see how they can move Sanchez to the bullpen. I mean he is an All-Star in his first year as a starter. That decision would be puzzling.

As for trade chips, I don't know their prospect pool well enough, however, I still think they might trade one of Bautista/Encarnacion. If they know they can't sign both of them next year, they can be tempted to move one of them at the deadline for some pitching.

Both have the option to block trades.

Offline TimKerr

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2016, 11:15:50 AM »

Both have the option to block trades.

In that case, I don't see it happening.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2016, 12:03:34 PM »
None of the rental options I've heard bandied about are super appealing - at least, not at the cost of any of the team's better prospects.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Captain Canuck

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2016, 07:25:51 PM »

Hopefully Sanchez stays in the rotation and then plug Hutchison into Estrada's spot if he is still hurting.

Not really a whole lot to give up on the roster. I don't want to give up Goins even though he is now a bench piece, suppose one of Smoak or Colabello could go?, and open to trading Bautista but he would never waive his no-trade clause to do so.
Down on the farm there isn't a whole lot of trade chips after blowing through them last year.

I feel the Jays will just be doing some minor tinkering this trade deadline, but will be pleasantly surprised if they add a piece that could put them over the top. I would prefer pitching help, but those Jay Bruce rumours just don't want to go away.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2016, 07:25:51 PM »