Author Topic: The Donald  (Read 103687 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: The Donald
« Reply #1710 on: December 21, 2018, 02:17:35 PM »

I don't even know what to say here... they're just the dumbest people.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1710 on: December 21, 2018, 02:17:35 PM »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • TORONTO RAPTORS 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 03, 2019, 06:25:18 PM »
U.S. history in the making...Democrat Nancy Pelosi takes the helm as House Speaker:

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • TORONTO RAPTORS 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 04, 2019, 05:12:03 AM »
In praise of Soviet dictators and 'revisionist' history.   Trump's beliefs particularly on the why and the how and his disdain for anything reeking of sense and sensibility is sheer idiocy. 

This man is a lunatic.  And that's an understatement.  The following article makes this very clear.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/world/the-terrifying-depths-of-donald-trumps-ignorance-in-a-single-quote/

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 10, 2019, 09:42:39 AM »

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 21, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »
I know that there are literally hundreds of other things to be furious about regarding Trump, but still jesus christ:

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 25, 2019, 01:24:59 PM »

I very briefly worked for a place where all of the employees knew it was going out of business and each payday it was anyone's guess if we'd get paid on time, or the correct amount, or eventually at all.

Fun to think that this is effectively the situation going on with the US government right now.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline louisstamos

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Treestar
« Reply #1716 on: January 25, 2019, 02:17:20 PM »

I very briefly worked for a place where all of the employees knew it was going out of business and each payday it was anyone's guess if we'd get paid on time, or the correct amount, or eventually at all.

Fun to think that this is effectively the situation going on with the US government right now.

I'm headed to Phoenix tomorrow for the Rumble and I have no idea what to expect at the airport.  At least they clear you for customs at Pearson now, but who knows what's happening with the air traffic management right now.

Online Bates

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 25, 2019, 02:27:24 PM »

I'm headed to Phoenix tomorrow for the Rumble and I have no idea what to expect at the airport.  At least they clear you for customs at Pearson now, but who knows what's happening with the air traffic management right now.

I travelled from Phoenix a few days ago and it was business as usual. And it's over now.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 25, 2019, 02:40:49 PM »

And by over, you mean it's been postponed for a few weeks.
-Mark Twain

Online Bates

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 25, 2019, 02:57:19 PM »

And by over, you mean it's been postponed for a few weeks.

It's over for the timeframe being discussed so the poster can travel as planned. It has been ongoing for years now with threats to shutdown and then doing it so I guarantee nothing past the decided.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 25, 2019, 03:32:32 PM »

Sure, that's what over means.
-Mark Twain

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 25, 2019, 03:47:49 PM »

I travelled from Phoenix a few days ago and it was business as usual. And it's over now.

Unless everyone's been paid right this second, it ain't over.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Online Bates

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 25, 2019, 04:44:54 PM »

Unless everyone's been paid right this second, it ain't over.

OK it's not over, flights in and out of Phoenix will be subject to the same delays as yesterday.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: February 06, 2019, 11:33:47 PM »

Heart-eyes this thread

But also horrified

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: February 06, 2019, 11:44:36 PM »

Heart-eyes this thread

But also horrified
Drop the mic.

Here's the issue with unfettered capitalism and deregulation. We have to keep the beast in check, least it turn into a hydra.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1724 on: February 06, 2019, 11:44:36 PM »