Author Topic: Kadri Misses Meeting - Sent Home  (Read 15981 times)

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Kadri Misses Meeting - Sent Home
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 03:20:06 PM »
Its obviouse that Kadri is a hockey savant, not to bright around the edges elsewhere. Kid probably set his clock back an hour instead of ahead and woke up late.  I put more blame on the clocks shifts in spring and fall than Kadri being anything else but the kid he is.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline Frank E

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 03:35:13 PM »
Sports are weird.  People draw insane conclusions over a person sleeping in and being 20 minutes late to something.  Lack of character! Nonchalant attitude! Doesn't care!

Or, you know, the person was just late to something one time.

I know what you mean.  It's almost like people are making assumptions given the lack of information available to them. 

Offline LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Reverse Tank!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 03:46:50 PM »
Sports are weird.  People draw insane conclusions over a person sleeping in and being 20 minutes late to something.  Lack of character! Nonchalant attitude! Doesn't care!

Or, you know, the person was just late to something one time.

I know what you mean.  It's almost like people are making assumptions given the lack of information available to them.

We've all been late for one thing or another.  Unfortunately for Kadri, he picked just about the worst possible time to do it.  Given how much Horachek has been blowing up at the team - accusing them of playing soft, having no character, etc. - he probably couldn't have let this slip even if he wanted to.
“How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, they’re coming home. Mark my words, they’ll be coming.”
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos Drew Doughty John Tavares

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 04:07:55 PM »

My assumption then is that he was so angered with the lack of effort the team gave on Saturday that he spent the entire night tossing and turning and only got a couple hours of shut-eye which is why he slept through his alarm.

Offline Al14

• Veteran
  • Leafs fan for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 08:39:06 AM »

My assumption then is that he was so angered with the lack of effort the team gave on Saturday that he spent the entire night tossing and turning and only got a couple hours of shut-eye which is why he slept through his alarm.

Are you trying to say that his give-a-shit meter hasn't flat lined yet?   ;)

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 10:41:57 AM »
Hoo boy.

@IanShantz 

Shanahan says Kadri won't play next two games.

@IanShantz 

"There's more to this (then late for meeting."

@IanShantz 

Shanahan says "there's a history here" regarding Kadri. "Incidents like this won't be tolerated."

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2015, 10:49:16 AM »
Management has Horachek's back.

It's a pretty telling move. You don't discipline a player you don't want to keep/develop to this extent.
#BeBlessed

Offline Chev-boyar-sky

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2015, 10:52:28 AM »
He was arguably their best all-round player this year and he's an RFA this Summer.

Good luck with that.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2015, 10:53:04 AM »
He was arguably their best all-round player this year and he's an RFA this Summer.

Good luck with that.

What do you mean?

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Sucker punching Logan Couture
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »

It's not like Shanahan to draw such insane conclusions.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Sucker punching Logan Couture
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2015, 11:05:01 AM »
Management has Horachek's back.

It's a pretty telling move. You don't discipline a player you don't want to keep/develop to this extent.

Sure you do. Obviously we don't know the whole story here but what the Leafs do with Kadri here does not just apply to Kadri, it's also sending a message to everyone else in the organization.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2015, 11:06:32 AM »
Well that obviously changes things. Kadri's a heck of a player, and it still seems like the Leafs have him in their long-term plans. Hopefully whatever it is that caused this is something Nazem can fix.

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2015, 11:24:41 AM »
I certainly hope a little bit of context comes out of this.  Right now this adds a whole crap tonne of chaos to a team that is already a joke.  I get sending messages to the organization but the notion that they come through the punishment of a single player concerns me.  Or this is all justified against Kadri but I'd certainly like some context to amount to a 3-game suspension.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2015, 11:29:21 AM »
I certainly hope a little bit of context comes out of this.  Right now this adds a whole crap tonne of chaos to a team that is already a joke.  I get sending messages to the organization but the notion that they come through the punishment of a single player concerns me.  Or this is all justified against Kadri but I'd certainly like some context to amount to a 3-game suspension.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a bunch of little things coupled with the most recent thing and they want to nip it in the bud completely because they want to keep him long-term.

That's completely guessing though.  I don't think it really helps or changes things to tell the media/fans everything though - it's a story regardless.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2015, 11:38:35 AM »
Full quotes from Shanahan:

"Naz is an important part of our future," Shanahan told reporters. "...We expect a certain level of professionalism from him. It's time for him to start making better decisions. There's a history here."

“There’s more to this, obviously,” Shanahan said. “If this were just a case of Nazem being 15 minutes late for a meeting, one time, you could probably sweep this under the rug and handle it internally.”

“…Naz is an important part of our future. We like Nazem Kadri. His teammates like him. We expect a certain level of professionalism. It’s time for him to start making better decisions. There’s a history here.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/leafs-beat/shanahan-says-kadri-will-sit-for-two-more-games/article23403257/