Author Topic: Kadri Misses Meeting - Sent Home  (Read 14579 times)

Online L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Kadri Misses Meeting - Sent Home
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2015, 09:34:41 AM »
Wilson: ''I never felt that Nazem ever listened to me''
http://www.tsn.ca/video/wilson-i-never-felt-that-nazem-ever-listened-to-me-1.230332

Coach’s Corner: Nazem Kadri will leave in two years
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/coachs-corner-nazem-kadri-will-leave-two-years/

This is going to be a painful process ...

Ron Wilson really needs to go away.  I don't really care for the guys who come out of the woodwork an start retroactively backtalking.  Much less a guy who openly admits an axe to grind and references a 49 game stint with the Leafs on his proof that Nazem didn't listen to him.  Wilson's a blowhard.  I don't care for Cherry in the least because he rarely makes sense and is usually wrong when you can understand what he says, but his constant "I don't kick things when they are down" (spoiler alert, he does) would be some good advice for some of the idiots running the broadcast  and sports media.  Where was Wilson before the collapse.  Coming out after the fact, openly admitting a bias and then spouting off stuff in a vague enough way to be impossible to dispute but also not providing anything concrete is useless click-baiting. 

I've lost interest in the Leafs and it took a hell of a lot to get me to that point.  But I lost interest in the Toronto sports media long before that.  Adding more of this useless garbage only pushes me farther away from that.  I have been cable free for a few years now and use NHL Gamecenter with a US account to watch Leafs games.  I don't watch TSN.  I don't go to their website anymore, I'm completely done with the shoddy "journalism" around the Leafs. 

I'm happy to read blogs and catch the stories through those and the message board but I'm just tired of not only real negativity but contrived stories to keep people who have long since become irrelevant in the sporting world relevant.

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2015/3/14/8214559/in-defence-of-nazem-kadri

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2015, 09:34:41 AM »

Offline Rebel_1812

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2015, 09:36:22 AM »
http://www.tsn.ca/video/wilson-i-never-felt-that-nazem-ever-listened-to-me-1.230332

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/coachs-corner-nazem-kadri-will-leave-two-years/

doesn't surprise me wilson and kadri had difficulties.  First of all, wilson had the terrible idea of playing him at the wing and then there was how kadri spoke of randy.  He had nothing but good things to say about randy.  Truth be told randy gave kadri a much better chance to succeed then wilson.

Offline Madferret

• Veteran
  • CHUCK NORRIS X2
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2015, 09:50:51 AM »

Ron Wilson really needs to go away.  I don't really care for the guys who come out of the woodwork an start retroactively backtalking.  Much less a guy who openly admits an axe to grind and references a 49 game stint with the Leafs on his proof that Nazem didn't listen to him.  Wilson's a blowhard.  I don't care for Cherry in the least because he rarely makes sense and is usually wrong when you can understand what he says, but his constant "I don't kick things when they are down" (spoiler alert, he does) would be some good advice for some of the idiots running the broadcast  and sports media.  Where was Wilson before the collapse.  Coming out after the fact, openly admitting a bias and then spouting off stuff in a vague enough way to be impossible to dispute but also not providing anything concrete is useless click-baiting. 

I've lost interest in the Leafs and it took a hell of a lot to get me to that point.  But I lost interest in the Toronto sports media long before that.  Adding more of this useless garbage only pushes me farther away from that.  I have been cable free for a few years now and use NHL Gamecenter with a US account to watch Leafs games.  I don't watch TSN.  I don't go to their website anymore, I'm completely done with the shoddy "journalism" around the Leafs. 

I'm happy to read blogs and catch the stories through those and the message board but I'm just tired of not only real negativity but contrived stories to keep people who have long since become irrelevant in the sporting world relevant.

5 out 7 CDN teams chasing playoffs for the first time in how long (ever?) but let's get another opinion piece on what's wrong with the Leafs. I wish more Leaf fans were like you L K - the media is still the way it is because most Leaf fans get some sort of sick validation from it and click click click

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2015, 09:58:57 AM »
Theyre just giving the people what they want. Not just Leafs fans but people who love to hate them, like yourself. Maybe if YOU stop click click clicking they'll write about some teams nobody cares about.

Offline Madferret

• Veteran
  • CHUCK NORRIS X2
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2015, 10:01:53 AM »
Theyre just giving the people what they want. Not just Leafs fans but people who love to hate them, like yourself. Maybe if YOU stop click click clicking they'll write about some teams nobody cares about.

You're kidding yourself if you think I read any of that garbage

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2015, 10:03:59 AM »

Being a Sens fan i just deduced you were into garbage.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:05:43 AM by TML fan »

Online Joe S.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2015, 10:15:10 AM »

You sure take enough time to complain about it.

I know more about your trolling opinion on the Leafs than anything else.

Offline Madferret

• Veteran
  • CHUCK NORRIS X2
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2015, 10:17:31 AM »

Being a Sens fan i just deduced you were into garbage.

What a burn! Well done!

Offline Madferret

• Veteran
  • CHUCK NORRIS X2
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2015, 10:25:32 AM »

Just so I get this straight: personal attacks are cool but saying anything disparaging against the Leafs isn't and makes you a troll -  that's the message here right? Should put that up somewhere in the banner.

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2015, 10:26:57 AM »

Just so I get this straight: personal attacks are cool but saying anything disparaging against the Leafs isn't and makes you a troll -  that's the message here right? Should put that up somewhere in the banner.

Showing up and trolling makes you a troll.

Offline Madferret

• Veteran
  • CHUCK NORRIS X2
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2015, 10:30:16 AM »

I agreed with L K on the ridiculousness of the media tell me again how that makes me a troll?

Online Joe S.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2015, 10:30:22 AM »

How did I attack you personally?

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2015, 10:32:20 AM »

I agreed with L K on the ridiculousness of the media tell me again how that makes me a troll?

Go back and read what you wrote and tell me again how you're not a troll.

Offline cw

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2015, 10:34:34 AM »

Tried to watch some last night. I still have cable (though getting close to getting rid of a bunch of it). Had to change the channel - they were so bad, I couldn't stand to watch it. Flipped back to a round table at intermission. Elliotte Friedman I have time for - there are still a few I don't mind. But Kypreos and Cox along with Stroumboulopoulos (on hockey)? I just don't have time for them. Couldn't even watch the intermission. Sad. I did watch some of the Calgary game later to get "my fix".

I feel a little like Ron Wilson with some of my posts. I'm kicking them from the bleachers when they're down. I can handle inept but I can't handle the lack of effort and bundled with that, a set of contracts that are going to be a real burden for some years to come. It's as bleak a time as I can recall and I've been watching for over 50 years. I don't feel like being silent about that. I'm close to angry. So if the media tees off on them a little, it isn't bothering me as much because I think there's some folks who deserve it.

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2015, 10:37:03 AM »
I don't think the contracts will be such a burden. For one thing, I'm pretty sure the Leafs will be able to move a couple of them at least, at the draft or before the start of next year. Also they SHOULD be a lower payroll team for the next few years. They'll need some big contracts to reach the cap floor.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2015, 10:37:03 AM »