Author Topic: Franson, Santorelli to NSH for 1st round pick, Brendan Leipsic, Olli Jokinen  (Read 23683 times)

Offline lamajama

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Franson, Santorelli to NSH for 1st round pick, Brendan Leipsic, Olli Jokinen
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2015, 12:23:41 AM »
I would like to see him with Kessel actually. You never know.

If Ollie scores one game winning goal......

Oh you know he's going to do some damage. He's Ollie Devereaux you know.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

TMLfans.ca

Re: Franson, Santorelli to NSH for 1st round pick, Brendan Leipsic, Olli Jokinen
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2015, 12:23:41 AM »

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2015, 07:59:42 AM »
Oh you know he's going to do some damage. He's Ollie Devereaux you know.

You know, we all hated Boyd at the time for doing that, but if it wasn't for his hat-trick we'd probably be sitting here with Luke and Brayden Schenn instead of JVR and Kadri. So... thanks Boyd?

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2015, 10:39:43 AM »
Is Jokinen a UFA at the end of the year?

Is there any chance he might be a decent player to have around next year during a rebuild?
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2015, 10:53:22 AM »

Is there any chance he might be a decent player to have around next year during a rebuild?

Yes, he is. As to the second part of the question that's something that gets thrown around a lot and I honestly don't think it's all that relevant a question. Or, to put it another way, I don't know if it's something you need to gameplan for. The whole character/mentor stuff I think is going to primarily come from coaches anyway.

I think the guys you want around in a rebuild are the guys who have something prove. Guys who are going to have real motivations to show up every day and play their best for whatever reason. Whether that's a player on a one year deal or someone not ready to call it a career or someone like Grabo last year who was largely passed over in free agency. If the team stinks there's really a limit to the effect locker room stuff is going to have.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline Crucialness Key

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2015, 11:40:41 AM »

Give him a 1-year extension while saying "we will absolutely play you at centre, if you're doing well then we can send you to a legit contender" and we might even get a decent pick back.  Meanwhile Strome/Eichel/?? is developing with the Marlies, gets his feet wet at end of 2015-16 season after Olli traded.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2015, 11:45:06 AM »
Give him a 1-year extension while saying "we will absolutely play you at centre, if you're doing well then we can send you to a legit contender" and we might even get a decent pick back.  Meanwhile Strome/Eichel/?? is developing with the Marlies, gets his feet wet at end of 2015-16 season after Olli traded.

If we could get him on a Santorelli/Winnik type deal and the team trades Bozak before the season, then depending on what else is out there in August I wouldn't be completely opposed to it. But that's only if Bozak is moved, as things stand right now Jokinen would just be getting in the way of Holland's development.

Offline Crucialness Key

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »

If we could get him on a Santorelli/Winnik type deal and the team trades Bozak before the season, then depending on what else is out there in August I wouldn't be completely opposed to it. But that's only if Bozak is moved, as things stand right now Jokinen would just be getting in the way of Holland's development.

I guess I've already written off Bozak as being gone (either now or off-season).

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2015, 01:03:32 PM »
I think Bozak is definetly on the way out, may go with Winneck in a package a la Franson/Santorelli deal.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2015, 01:12:57 PM »
I think Bozak is definetly on the way out, may go with Winneck in a package a la Franson/Santorelli deal.

I would agree with you, by that time, he may be a 20 goal scorer or close, with a cap friendly salary. IMO I would not mind keeping Winnick ever though people seem to think he is a dime a dozen player.

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2015, 01:19:37 PM »

I guess I've already written off Bozak as being gone (either now or off-season).

I think it'll be tougher than you think. To make his salary palatable I think a team would have to see him as a #2 centre and that seems like a bit of a sell at this point.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Online Chris

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2015, 01:36:01 PM »
$4.2 million cap hit (thank you, Leaf management). Bozak is the one player I would like to see gone regardless of the return. Well, other than Clarkson but I've come to accept the fact he's not going anywhere.

Offline Crucialness Key

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2015, 01:36:42 PM »

I think it'll be tougher than you think. To make his salary palatable I think a team would have to see him as a #2 centre and that seems like a bit of a sell at this point.

Bozak & Lupul to DET for Weiss & Pulkkinen  ;D

clearly i am getting feverish from weeks of trade speculation

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2015, 01:40:18 PM »

It will be done and ready for approval and Detroit will be one of Bozak's 12 teams he has to accept a trade to and will decline.  BOOK IT.

Offline Crucialness Key

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2015, 01:57:06 PM »

It will be done and ready for approval and Detroit will be one of Bozak's 12 teams he has to accept a trade to and will decline.  BOOK IT.

OK fine, Lupul/Bozak/Kessel for Pulkkinen/Weiss/Nyqvist

Get Eric Nystrom from NASH and have awesome line of Nystrom/Nylander/Nyqvist

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA  *overheats*

Offline cw

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 18, 2015, 03:56:42 PM »
I wasn't a big fan of Franson though he'd obviously improved. Didn't mind Santorelli. First round picks are hard to come by - particularly in a good draft year. Like many, I think it was a fair and reasonable deal.

Even better, I'm glad for the true rebuild. I've wanted since JFJ and before the Quinn years. I hope they stick to their guns on it.

I've talked about this years before:
http://www.tsn.ca/talent/shanahan-should-emulate-wings-in-rebuild-1.208987
A key reason the Wings are good is because they get great price performance out of their prospects ... because they develop them like good wine - let them "age" properly. When they finally come up, they're ready, can really play and don't cost $4 mil per season (because they had one good one).

As rotten as this season is, I think this rebuild is great, overdue news. In time, it won't be as hard to cheer for an organization doing things right. Doesn't guarantee a Cup but there's a better chance they'll get a number of good runs at it and be more consistently respectable - and you usually have to do that if you're ever going to have a parade.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #209 on: February 18, 2015, 03:56:42 PM »