Author Topic: Franson, Santorelli to NSH for 1st round pick, Brendan Leipsic, Olli Jokinen  (Read 23481 times)

Online sickbeast

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I don't think that the Leafs will get anything for Jokinen. He only has 3 goals and is overpaid. He was a salary dump. He could help with the tank though.

TMLfans.ca

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Fletcher started fine, got decent value at the deadline for Antropov, Ponikarovsky Kilger.

Then Finger, Schenn*, Steen, Frogren and Van Ryn happened.

*Burke managed to salvage this, but the initial price to move up 2 spots to get Schenn was high

Ponikarovsky and Antropov were both dealt away by Burke. Fletcher moved Kilger, Belak and Gill.

I got my firesales mixed up.

Either way the point is the same, Fletcher got decent returns at the deadline but made poor moves after.

Offline Chris

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
So it looks like we may have gotten the second coming of Darcy Tucker in the deal?

Overall...considering Franson's possible injury and his growing tendency to give the puck away in front of his own goal...probably not a bad deal.

Onward!

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile

This will be Jokinen's 9th NHL team. That's a pretty remarkable number for a guy with a legitimately good NHL career. I'm pretty sure if he gets to a tenth he gets a free sandwich.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline Can8899

• Marlie
    • View Profile
Fletcher started fine, got decent value at the deadline for Antropov, Ponikarovsky Kilger.

Then Finger, Schenn*, Steen, Frogren and Van Ryn happened.

*Burke managed to salvage this, but the initial price to move up 2 spots to get Schenn was high

Ponikarovsky and Antropov were both dealt away by Burke. Fletcher moved Kilger, Belak and Gill.

Fletch was Steen for Stempniak too, right?

Steen and Colaiacovo for Stempniak if my memory serves...

Offline Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
maybe they take this first and trade with a bozak or a winnik for a better 1st? just a thought

Offline brd13

• Prospect
    • View Profile
Leipsic is exactly the type of sh-- disturber the team needs ,plays with heart which beside a few others, is sorely lacking on the bench.

Offline AvroArrow

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Happy with this deal.  Keep it going - clear the crap off this team and sink like a stone.

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
maybe they take this first and trade with a bozak or a winnik for a better 1st? just a thought

Don't sleep on where Nashville's pick might end up. They could very easily have LA in the first round.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile

Don't sleep on where Nashville's pick might end up. They could very easily have LA in the first round.

where does a first round exit put that pick?
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

Offline caveman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
a Coyotes blogger seems to be saying that Bozak is being traded to the Rangers....  :o

but it is the guy on Eklund's page....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:10:08 PM by caveman »

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile

As long as they retain two or more 1st round picks, I'm good with just about anything except the obvious (Rielly, Nylander, etc.)

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
What's Jokinen's contract status?

Offline Chev-boyar-sky

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Solid deal for both teams I'd say.

Franson for a 1st.

Santorelli for a prospect who's effectively a 2nd.

Jokinen a throw in.

You could argue for a bit more for Santorelli but that'd be a stretch.

If the team loves him so much (and he loves it here) they can always talk contract come July. I'm not really that sad to see Franson go.

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
What's Jokinen's contract status?

$2.5M cap number this year, UFA afterwards. So he's only a Leaf for a couple of months.

TMLfans.ca