Author Topic: Franson, Santorelli to NSH for 1st round pick, Brendan Leipsic, Olli Jokinen  (Read 23488 times)

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
Re: Franson, Santorelli to NSH for 1st round pick, Brendan Leipsic, Olli Jokinen
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2015, 05:45:57 PM »

And if it's Damien Cox reporting on what the "word" is, well, you can take that to the bank. The money bank.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

TMLfans.ca

Re: Franson, Santorelli to NSH for 1st round pick, Brendan Leipsic, Olli Jokinen
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2015, 05:45:57 PM »

Offline cw

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2015, 10:54:04 AM »
link
Darren Dreger on TSN radio: “I think that the Leafs look at Franson the way he is now on Nsh: a 4-5 D on a good team.” “the Leafs aren’t a good team, so why spend $ and term on a player that won’t be a long-term fit for you anyway”

That kind of expresses my sentiments and it's why I still don't mind this deal.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 28, 2015, 11:04:57 AM »
I do have a question about retaining cap hit on trades.  Is it an absolute or can it be a timed retention.  Say the Leafs trade Phaneuf but they have already used up their 3 retentions this year.  Can they retain contract through say Years 2-5 of the contract and then have it stopped for Year 6-7?  Or does it have to be an all-or-none kind of thing.

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 28, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »
link
Darren Dreger on TSN radio: “I think that the Leafs look at Franson the way he is now on Nsh: a 4-5 D on a good team.” “the Leafs aren’t a good team, so why spend $ and term on a player that won’t be a long-term fit for you anyway”

That kind of expresses my sentiments and it's why I still don't mind this deal.

Good point. And a 4-5 D man is one of the final pieces teams look for near the end of a rebuild, and only if the team doesn't have a prospect that can fill that role in their system already.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:52:02 AM by RedLeaf »
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 28, 2015, 12:58:52 PM »
I do have a question about retaining cap hit on trades.  Is it an absolute or can it be a timed retention.  Say the Leafs trade Phaneuf but they have already used up their 3 retentions this year.  Can they retain contract through say Years 2-5 of the contract and then have it stopped for Year 6-7?  Or does it have to be an all-or-none kind of thing.

It's absolute. It's the same percentage of the cap hit and salary for the entire remainder of the contract.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
This article is rather terrible but it's easier than typing everything out.

http://thehockeywriters.com/cody-franson-mike-santorelli-not-working-in-nashville/

Not the starts they would have envisioned I imagine.  Santorelli has 1 assist in 13 games.

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile

http://thehockeywriters.com/cody-franson-mike-santorelli-not-working-in-nashville/

Not the starts they would have envisioned I imagine.  Santorelli has 1 assist in 13 games.

Oh well. It sucks to be Nashville

Offline Al14

• Veteran
  • Leafs fan for life.
    • View Profile

Maybe the two of them are just looking too forward to re-signing in Toronto in the off season.   ???

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile

Maybe the two of them are just looking too forward to re-signing in Toronto in the off season.   ???

Santorelli would not be problem. Franson is going to want too much money

Offline Al14

• Veteran
  • Leafs fan for life.
    • View Profile

Santorelli would not be problem. Franson is going to want too much money

Maybe, being back in Nashville makes Franson want to stay there.  Either that, or, maybe his money demands from the Leafs becomes more reasonable.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:42:57 AM by Al14 »

TMLfans.ca