Author Topic: 2014/15 Leafs Injuries Thread  (Read 24544 times)

Offline Chris

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: 2014/15 Leafs Injuries Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2015, 01:51:59 PM »
Might be better at this point to hold onto Lupul until the summer or even next season. Who is going to want to grab a player who, in addition to being frequently injured, is currently injured, for this years playoff run?

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2015, 01:51:59 PM »

Offline Crucialness Key

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »
Might be better at this point to hold onto Lupul until the summer or even next season. Who is going to want to grab a player who, in addition to being frequently injured, is currently injured, for this years playoff run?
Exactly right.... but if Lupul can convince people he's back to 100% before the deadline.... would someone gamble?

I'm thinking the ONLY time we might be able to trade Lupul would be at a trade deadline... if not this year's, then another year's.  Take on Lupul in the off-season and you just know he's getting hurt at some point.

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2015, 02:44:58 PM »
Can he reach 100% before March 2?  Lupul seems like a better trade-deadline trade than an off-season trade, because maaaaybe he can stay healthy for one post-season, but a full regular + post-season? Forget it!

Considering the years left on his deal anyone trading for him would have to be pretty comfortable paying him for a whole season so I don't think it would make much of a difference.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline Britishbulldog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2015, 04:28:14 PM »
Can he reach 100% before March 2?  Lupul seems like a better trade-deadline trade than an off-season trade, because maaaaybe he can stay healthy for one post-season, but a full regular + post-season? Forget it!

Considering the years left on his deal anyone trading for him would have to be pretty comfortable paying him for a whole season so I don't think it would make much of a difference.

With Lupul's experience in the league on various teams and their different dynamics I wish that Lupul was captain next year and Phaneuf was traded.  I thought Lupul comments to Seigel were on the ball as he lived through it.
http://www.tsn.ca/tear-down-won-t-be-so-easy-lupul-warns-1.211138
All The Best
Dan

Offline sneakyray

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2015, 04:49:06 PM »
Exactly right.... but if Lupul can convince people he's back to 100% before the deadline.... would someone gamble?

I'm thinking the ONLY time we might be able to trade Lupul would be at a trade deadline... if not this year's, then another year's.  Take on Lupul in the off-season and you just know he's getting hurt at some point.

lupul just said the other day that he won't be back to 100% the rest of this season.  They should just have him go home and show up again next year.

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2015, 08:06:20 AM »

lupul just said the other day that he won't be back to 100% the rest of this season.  They should just have him go home and show up again next year.

He needs to be medically clear prior to the 2nd of Mar. He will be one of the many to be moved.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2015, 10:28:16 AM »
I like Lupul, think he is an excellent player, to bad he is made of glass, to bad there is a rebuild on and he has to be moved from a pick of prospect of some sort
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Reverse Tank!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2015, 05:02:03 PM »

Even with his injuries he's still played over 600 games in the league and has done a pretty good job scoring in the playoffs, so I think he still has a lot to offer.  The way the injuries are stacking up, I'm hopeful that a playoff team will pick him up in an attempt to make a deep run.
“How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, they’re coming home. Mark my words, they’ll be coming.”
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos Drew Doughty John Tavares

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2015, 08:41:26 AM »
I did not get to watch the whole game, did Robidas return?

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2015, 08:43:35 AM »
He did.

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2015, 08:47:15 AM »
He did.

Thank you. I had thoughts a broken arm after he went off.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2015, 01:03:09 PM »
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050  60 minutes ago
Leafs sound hopeful that Dion Phaneuf will return by Thursday. First full practice with the team today.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2015, 12:44:14 PM »
@dalter

Stephane Robidas has been shut down for the season with a shoulder injury. Will have surgery.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2015, 04:05:05 PM »
@dalter

Stephane Robidas has been shut down for the season with a shoulder injury. Will have surgery.

Sounds like something he may have been dealing with for awhile. Again, you gotta wonder how much his performance this season has suffered because of all these injuries, but on the other hand he's also 38 years old now so injuries will probably be pretty inevitable.

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »
I'm 36 years old and just played competitive hockey for the first time in 25 years, with a bunch of five year olds.

I'm pretty sure I now need surgery.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »