Author Topic: Cox: Turris to the Leafs is a possibility  (Read 16252 times)

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
Re: Cox: Turris to the Leafs is a possibility
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
So now that it's almost a guarantee that Phoenix will not have a team next year, does that make this trade a little more of a possibility? After looking at his faceoff % I feel as though he may be an upgrade from Bozak.

Whether or not the team is in Phoenix next year has no bearing on whether or not the team will move Turris. Also, if we're looking at faceoffs, I'll take Bozak's career 54.3% efficiency over Turris's 45.3% every day of the week.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline ThatLeafsFan

• Veteran
  • Optimus Reim
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 03:55:43 PM »
Bozak's % is fine.

and his defensive play has improved this year, I was all for dumping him in the summer, but so far he has showed signs of improvement over last year.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »
So now that it's almost a guarantee that Phoenix will not have a team next year, does that make this trade a little more of a possibility? After looking at his faceoff % I feel as though he may be an upgrade from Bozak.

Bozak's face-off abilities have already been mentioned, but last season he was at 54%. This season, ignoring the first 5 games of the season where he had wrist issues and just looking at the following 10, he's been at 53%. And in his rookie season he was at 55%. So I'm not sure what the issue is there.

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 07:02:01 PM »
Just to emphasize Bozak's usefulness and improvement up to now, he's on pace for 42 pts +15, currently sitting with 1g 7a 8p +3, last year 2g 3a 5p -3 after 17 games, fwiw.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline A Weekend at Bernier's

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »
Just to emphasize Bozak's usefulness and improvement up to now, he's on pace for 42 pts +15, currently sitting with 1g 7a 8p +3, last year 2g 3a 5p -3 after 17 games, fwiw.

Subjectively, I felt Bozak was playing better.  But, Tigger, thanks to the numbers you've provided, the difference is quite significant.

Still, though, I think Bozak tops out as a very good thrid line centre.  Which is great to have.  But, it he is the centrepiece in a deal that adds a potential impact player, I'd be willing to take that gamble.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 01:23:01 PM »
DarrenDreger: The Kyle Turris saga is about to end. Turris is and the Coyotes expected to announce a 2 year agreement this week. Trade still prime option.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Erndog

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 01:27:44 PM »
DarrenDreger: The Kyle Turris saga is about to end. Turris is and the Coyotes expected to announce a 2 year agreement this week. Trade still prime option.

Wait a sec.  So he really wants to be traded, he held out, caused all this stir only to eventually sign a 2 year deal? 

I don't think his agent really handled this thing very well.  Well, I guess I should hold off on saying that until I see the terms of the deal.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2011, 01:31:11 PM »
Wait a sec.  So he really wants to be traded, he held out, caused all this stir only to eventually sign a 2 year deal? 

I don't think his agent really handled this thing very well.  Well, I guess I should hold off on saying that until I see the terms of the deal.

Well, depending on the cap hit attached, the extra year on the deal does make Turris a slightly more appealing asset on the trade market, and, it's not like he would have been a UFA at the end of the season on a one year deal. Basically, the 2nd year helps him avoid this ridiculousness next season if things don't get resolved this season.

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2011, 01:36:31 PM »

Subjectively, I felt Bozak was playing better.  But, Tigger, thanks to the numbers you've provided, the difference is quite significant.

Still, though, I think Bozak tops out as a very good thrid line centre.  Which is great to have.  But, it he is the centrepiece in a deal that adds a potential impact player, I'd be willing to take that gamble.

NP. A quick look to update from the last two games, on pace for 8g 37a 45p +8 compared to this point last year, 2g 3a 5p -2...

I agree with your subjective notion too, he's looked better by a stretch so far this year to me.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »

Sign and trade is still a possibility.  Perhaps they have a deal worked out to trade him conditional on him signing a contract first.  Who knows.

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
It's about the December 1st signing deadline for RFAs, I think he ends up getting traded at some point but if he's not signed by December 1st, he can't play at all this year which isn't in the best interests of the Coyotes or Kyle.

Jalili

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 02:02:46 PM »
I guess it might be early to say this, but this entire saga looks a bonehead move on Turris' part.

Taking the high road might have saved him from sitting out a few months, possibly burning bridges with his organization, and creating a ton of negative publicity for himself.

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 02:12:15 PM »
1.2 this year and 1.6 next year for Turris, 1.4M cap hit.

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Sucker punching Logan Couture
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 02:13:38 PM »
I guess it might be early to say this, but this entire saga looks a bonehead move on Turris' part.

Taking the high road might have saved him from sitting out a few months, possibly burning bridges with his organization, and creating a ton of negative publicity for himself.

I think it's entirely too early to say that without seeing the contract or where Turris actually ends up playing.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 02:14:33 PM »
1.2 this year and 1.6 next year for Turris, 1.4M cap hit.

Quite the departure from 4.M per