Author Topic: General Leafs Talk  (Read 219762 times)

Offline Erndog

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: General Leafs Talk
« Reply #300 on: October 04, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »
jonasTSN1050 Jonas Siegel
Tim Connolly told Ron Wilson after practice that he's doubtful for Thursday.

So it begins.  I know people will say "relax" but I can't believe how injury prone this guy is.

Offline Corn Flake

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 04, 2011, 04:16:29 PM »

So it begins.  I know people will say "relax" but I can't believe how injury prone this guy is.

Starting to wonder if this guy has AJ Burnett disease, where he didn't see to be willing to play through any pain and would pull himself from the lineup.  I don't know anything, but when a player (not a doctor) goes to the coach and says he's doubtful, it makes you wonder.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #301 on: October 04, 2011, 04:16:29 PM »

Offline Strangelove

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 04, 2011, 04:38:24 PM »

Disappointing that he'll be out but hardly surprising.  Burke knew exactly what he was getting when he signed the guy.

Offline pnjunction

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 04, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »

Starting to wonder if this guy has AJ Burnett disease, where he didn't see to be willing to play through any pain and would pull himself from the lineup.  I don't know anything, but when a player (not a doctor) goes to the coach and says he's doubtful, it makes you wonder.

I kind of see your point but then again pushing himself into action and then making it worse would be a dumb thing to do right at the beginning of the season.

Offline Madferret

• Veteran
  • CHUCK NORRIS X2
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 04, 2011, 05:12:12 PM »
You guys knew the deal when you signed Connolly

Offline Kessel Run

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 04, 2011, 06:05:40 PM »
Cody Franson as the #7? Apparently he isn't very happy about it..

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 04, 2011, 06:26:36 PM »

What could he possibly have from falling into the boards, that is serious enough to keep him out 2 weeks and not heal, but not serious enough to have a length of time put on it?

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 04, 2011, 06:39:17 PM »

Franson's direct quote:

"Right now I'm not too thrilled with it," Franson said of where he's at. "You've got to just, I don't know, stick with it. It's a tough situation. We've got some good players here. Be interesting to see how it turns out."

"It would have been nice to be able to get locked down with somebody," Franson said. "But we're big boys, we can handle it."

Not exactly anything to be worried about. I'd be more concerned if he was alright with the decision.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 04, 2011, 06:43:24 PM »
What could he possibly have from falling into the boards, that is serious enough to keep him out 2 weeks and not heal, but not serious enough to have a length of time put on it?

Lots of things - sprains, strains, bruised shoulders, jammed wrists, etc. And, based on the fact that he's at least been practicing, none of them too serious.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 04, 2011, 06:43:32 PM »

Franson's direct quote:

"Right now I'm not too thrilled with it," Franson said of where he's at. "You've got to just, I don't know, stick with it. It's a tough situation. We've got some good players here. Be interesting to see how it turns out."

"It would have been nice to be able to get locked down with somebody," Franson said. "But we're big boys, we can handle it."

Not exactly anything to be worried about. I'd be more concerned if he was alright with the decision.

He said what he heard from Wilson in the media scrum wasn't a good thing, but it seemed pretty good to me (despite the circumstances).  From that same article...

Wilson's only comment on Franson that day?

"Right now [Franson] is our seventh defenceman, but I wouldn't hesitate to play him in any situation," he said. "That's just the way it is right now."

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 04, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »
I have a feeling watching Connolly is going to be like watching Coco...rare and nerve racking.

Offline moon111

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 04, 2011, 07:58:30 PM »
If anyone is going to be in my neck of the woods.  (Trenton)  The Leafs will be at the R.C.A.F. arena for three days.  Told the skates would be open to the public.  Wonder if they bused or flew in?
R.I.P. Maureen.  You'll always be with us.

Offline showmethemoneyman

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 05, 2011, 11:07:13 AM »
"And a day after being placed on waivers, Joey Crabb was back at practice, as with all the injuries, he gets a chance to stay around a while longer. Darryl Boyce and Matt Lashoff, meanwhile, cleared waivers and went to the Marlies. "

Im surprised they would keep Crabb around over  Boyce. I thought Boyce had a decent camp , better than Crabb , and I thought Boyce was a better player last year

Offline Michael

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 05, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »
The arrival of Steckel has sent Crabb back to the minors.

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 05, 2011, 11:12:25 AM »
Im surprised they would keep Crabb around over  Boyce. I thought Boyce had a decent camp , better than Crabb , and I thought Boyce was a better player last year

I don't think their relative worth had anything to do who stayed around. I think it was when the Leafs wanted to send the other two through waivers. It's like a chess game this time of year I think and with so many players going through waivers, Boyce being a bit more valuable than Crabb, made it worth it to send them down at the same time I think. That's my take on it. I don't think anybody cares if Crabb gets picked up.
BWB