Author Topic: The Official Complaint Thread!  (Read 149970 times)

Offline Sudafederov

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Complaint Thread!
« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2011, 01:52:21 AM »
In the grocery checkout line...

Why do old ladies wait for the cashier to announce the total before they decide to open their purse and dig out their chequebook?

I mean would it kill them to start filling out at least some of the details beforehand?

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2011, 01:52:21 AM »

Offline TheMightyOdin

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2011, 02:38:59 AM »

Paying by cheque at the grocery store? I haven't seen that in a long long time.
The Catalyst?

Offline Sudafederov

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2011, 03:08:43 AM »

Paying by cheque at the grocery store? I haven't seen that in a long long time.

There are some pretty stubborn old folks.  Love em' but come on...coming from somebody who pays by phone at Starbucks.

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2011, 09:33:18 AM »
wow, really? we don't take cheques at all at the grocery store where I work. Not even government baby bonus cheques etc.

But equally as frustrating as the slow cheque writer is the old biddy who waits until the cashier tells her how much it is to get out her purse. And then rifle through it for the wallet, struggle with the wallet to find the bills, go through all the bills to make as close as the amount (one bill at a time, I might add)....then go back for the coin purse to dig out fifty seven cents....one coin at a time, and recounting the amount or forgetting where they were. (In the meantime, the person behind her in line with one apple could have tilled the ground, planted the tree, grown the apple and picked it by the time the old lady's done)

Offline lamajama

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2011, 11:44:56 AM »
wow, really? we don't take cheques at all at the grocery store where I work. Not even government baby bonus cheques etc.

But equally as frustrating as the slow cheque writer is the old biddy who waits until the cashier tells her how much it is to get out her purse. And then rifle through it for the wallet, struggle with the wallet to find the bills, go through all the bills to make as close as the amount (one bill at a time, I might add)....then go back for the coin purse to dig out fifty seven cents....one coin at a time, and recounting the amount or forgetting where they were. (In the meantime, the person behind her in line with one apple could have tilled the ground, planted the tree, grown the apple and picked it by the time the old lady's done)

THANK YOU!!!!
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Offline AvroArrow

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2011, 12:32:02 PM »
If we're complaining about people in the grocery store, how about people who stop in the middle of aisles with complete disregard for anyone around them.  They take up the whole flippin' aisle so nobody can get by and are completely oblivious.

Offline You're right

• Rookie
  • 🖕🏻
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2011, 12:33:49 PM »
If we're complaining about people in the grocery store, how about people who stop in the middle of aisles with complete disregard for anyone around them.  They take up the whole flippin' aisle so nobody can get by and are completely oblivious.
I have just taken to plowing into them or their carts.
There's valid reasons for the limited interest. Get out of your basement if you dare. The real world will bend you over.
Adios Chachi

Offline sucka

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2011, 12:36:15 PM »
In the grocery checkout line...

Why do old ladies wait for the cashier to announce the total before they decide to open their purse and dig out their chequebook?

I mean would it kill them to start filling out at least some of the details beforehand?

Not just at the grocery store, also at Finch station parking lots - they've got all the time in the world while in line to get their credit card / coins out...but only start rummaging when they are at the gate.

Offline You're right

• Rookie
  • 🖕🏻
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2011, 12:42:45 PM »
Don't get me started on the people in the Tim Horton's drive through that order the following;

Medium coffee, in a large double cup, with a shot of vanilla flavour, 1/3 decaf, 1/17 milk, 3/17 cream, 13/17 distilled water, half of an artificial sweetener, 1/4 tablespoon of sugar, a sesame seed bagel - 2 5/8 toasted with butter on one half, light strawberry cream cheese on the side, 40 timbits (which they choose one by one), and what kind of donuts and muffins do you have?

THEN they do the fumble for change routine!! >:(

oh - and can you hurry it up, I'm late for my train.......
There's valid reasons for the limited interest. Get out of your basement if you dare. The real world will bend you over.
Adios Chachi

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 30, 2011, 01:11:33 PM »
Don't get me started on the people in the Tim Horton's drive through that order the following;

Medium coffee, in a large double cup, with a shot of vanilla flavour, 1/3 decaf, 1/17 milk, 3/17 cream, 13/17 distilled water, half of an artificial sweetener, 1/4 tablespoon of sugar, a sesame seed bagel - 2 5/8 toasted with butter on one half, light strawberry cream cheese on the side, 40 timbits (which they choose one by one), and what kind of donuts and muffins do you have?

THEN they do the fumble for change routine!! >:(

oh - and can you hurry it up, I'm late for my train.......

and this is one of the reasons I *never* go through the drive through (unless it's after hours where you can't actually go into the Timmie's)....Several times I've run in to the shop to get the coffees we require, and when I come out, the same SUV that was fifth in line in the drive through is still fifth in line, or perhaps up to fourth. It's not faster.

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »

watch how fast they can move when you move their cart out of the way  ;)

Offline Stronger Than All

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 30, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »
The Tim Hortons drive through is ridiculous in the morning.  There is no way I'd sit through that line-up and be late for work for a coffee when we have 5 different types of coffee in our office for free to choose from.

Offline Darryl

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 30, 2011, 04:32:50 PM »
I hate everyone..................... I figured that was where we are headed in this thread so why not jump to the end :D

Offline Sucker Punch

• Rookie
  • I don't talk to suckers, boy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2011, 04:37:31 PM »
The Tim Hortons drive through is ridiculous in the morning.  There is no way I'd sit through that line-up and be late for work for a coffee when we have 5 different types of coffee in our office for free to choose from.

I just don't get the national fascination with Tim Horton's.   Why wait in line for 20 minutes for bad coffee when you can make better coffee at home in half the time for a fraction of the price?

Offline Sudafederov

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »

I'll be right over. Do you have drive thru?

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »