Author Topic: Tim Leiweke  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Leiweke
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 02:57:37 PM »
For the Raptors, (after firing GM Colangelo who was responsible for having drafted the team's starting five), Leiweke brought in Ujiri, as replacement.  Ujiri hired coach Casey, and began piecing a good foundation for the team, with Leiweke's support, of course.  Leiweke also got Drake to be the team's ambassador.

Your ratio of "time spent writing posts" to "time editing posts" is way off. Not only is most of this paragraph nonsense, it's not accurate. Ujiri didn't hire Casey, Colangelo did. Colangelo didn't "draft" the team's starting 5, either now or then. Lowry was a trade, Gay was a trade and Amir Johnson was a free agent signing.

More over the idea that Ujiri "began piecing a good foundation" for the team is, aside from a garbled metaphor, not true when as I've stated repeatedly in this thread the foundation, Lowry-DeRozan-Valanciunas, was already here.

Literally the only accurate or complete sentence in that paragraph is the one about Drake.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 03:12:48 PM by Nik the Trik »
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 02:57:37 PM »

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 05:41:33 PM »
and the Rudy Gay trade??
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 06:09:50 PM »
and the Rudy Gay trade??

What about it? It was a pretty good trade that added the team's 3rd and 4th most important bench players and picks.

Like I said, Ujiri has done a reasonably good job heading up the Raps but before we fall over ourselves calling him one of the better GMs in the league and thinking Leiweke hung the moon accordingly I think he has to do a little bit more than add some good bench players and get out of a few bad contracts. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:23:34 PM by Nik the Trik »
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2016, 12:08:20 PM »
No doubt about that, I still think Leiweke came in and looked at what needed to be done. First he worked on TFC and now we are one came away from a MLS Championship. Raptors althought I do concede your points are stable and are a leading and now perenial playoff team.
Leiweke admited he weakness was Hockey, and he rehired Nonis. When he realished what a terrible decision that was he turned to Shanahan and said you have carte blanche to fix this mess.  The mess is not fixed completely as yet but we sure is heading in the right direction.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2016, 12:08:20 PM »