Author Topic: World Junior Hockey Championships (WJHC 2013)  (Read 28865 times)

Offline Stebro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: World Junior Hockey Championships (WJHC 2013)
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2012, 08:19:18 AM »
Jenner is suspended for 3 games.

Discipline will be the key for Team Canada.  If these guys march to the penalty box often enough, it's doubtful they'll be gaining much in the 'win' column.
I think so too. I'm glad that he was suspended though, an interference doesn't get much clearer than that, I just don't understand it, Jenner had plenty of time to do something else, he only hurt his team. One of the swedes also said he doesn't understand it, because he said that Jenner is actually one of the better player on his regular team, and don't see the need for doing things like that.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 08:22:40 AM by Stebro »
Life only demands from you the strength that you possess. Only one feat is possible; not to run away.

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2012, 04:35:40 AM »

Wooo! Marginally meaningful hockey!

Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2012, 04:35:40 AM »

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2012, 04:40:19 AM »

The stands look...a quarter full?

Also, it seems as though every commercial will contain some sort of bitter message about the ongoing lockout. Including one from Nike that, well, the hypocrisy of which is just fantastic.
-Karl Marx

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2012, 04:46:01 AM »

Nice play by Rielly to set up the first goal on the PP, although he seems to have been demoted to the second unit.
-Karl Marx

Offline Michael

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2012, 04:48:12 AM »

Nice play by Rielly to set up the first goal on the PP, although he seems to have been demoted to the second unit.

Rielly is everywhere on that last PP. He skates very well.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2012, 10:16:35 AM »
Well I was going to watch the replay at noon and not know the result, and so I started watching Russia-Slovakia, and they of course said the result of the Canada game.  I would have thought that, knowing the game was on at 4 AM and that they are replaying it after this game, they might have told Gord Miller to not talk about it.  Lame.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2012, 10:32:17 AM »
The line of Nugent-Hopkins/Huberdeau/Scheifele continues to shine as Nugent-Hopkins was chosen as Canada's player of the game (Daitaiskl for Germany).

Canada showed just what the word firepower means pumping 9 goals in Germany's net, but not before several giveaways (some having lead directly to German goals), nor before some silly (and questionable) penalties (again!), nor some shoddy puck-handling by some of the forward lines, or even, (egads!) being nearly 'edged' at times by a 'faster' and very 'determined' German offensive thrust, etc.

Not to say that the Germans played toe-to-toe with the Canadians in the first one go two and a half periods, well it certainly looked as though we suffered from 'lazy foot syndrome'.  Luckily, Malcolm Subban was there for some puck-stopping moments and that Canada woke up and churned on the jets, so to speak.

Great game overall.  Need to tighten up and quit the errors, stay disciplined, turn on the skills and voilá, victory will theirs for the keeping.  Against stronger opponents such as the U.S., or Russia, or even Finland, it's going to be needed.

WAY TO GO, CANADA!   And finally, some live, real hockey for all of us!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:34:45 AM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline drummond

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »
Slovaks played pretty well against Russia, if not that penalty in OT, there may have been first surprise of the tourney...
Finland won easily against Latvia, however lost Aaltonen , one their best players, due to the injury
Swedes dominated the Czechs, could have been more than just 4-1

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »

Up at 4am eh? 

Nik's a trooper.

Online Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: World Junior Hockey Championships (WJHC 2013)
« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2012, 12:52:03 PM »
The line of Nugent-Hopkins/Huberdeau/Scheifele continues to shine as Nugent-Hopkins was chosen as Canada's player of the game (Daitaiskl for Germany).

Canada showed just what the word firepower means pumping 9 goals in Germany's net, but not before several giveaways (some having lead directly to German goals), nor before some silly (and questionable) penalties (again!), nor some shoddy puck-handling by some of the forward lines, or even, (egads!) being nearly 'edged' at times by a 'faster' and very 'determined' German offensive thrust, etc.

Not to say that the Germans played toe-to-toe with the Canadians in the first one go two and a half periods, well it certainly looked as though we suffered from 'lazy foot syndrome'.  Luckily, Malcolm Subban was there for some puck-stopping moments and that Canada woke up and churned on the jets, so to speak.

Great game overall.  Need to tighten up and quit the errors, stay disciplined, turn on the skills and voilá, victory will theirs for the keeping.  Against stronger opponents such as the U.S., or Russia, or even Finland, it's going to be needed.

WAY TO GO, CANADA!   And finally, some live, real hockey for all of us!

I'm surprised Germany got 3 in. I think not playing Binnington is going to come back and bite us in the ass.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Online Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2012, 12:57:03 PM »
How did Rielly look? Im kinda disappointed he was demoted.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: World Junior Hockey Championships (WJHC 2013)
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2012, 01:32:17 PM »
I'm surprised Germany got 3 in. I think not playing Binnington is going to come back and bite us in the ass.

Not entirely Subban's fault. The defensive play was pretty sloppy on the last 2 goals.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »

Up at 4am eh? 

Nik's a trooper.

I stayed up myself too, and watched the entire game from start to finish.  Not easy to do, but, if you can get a few winks prior to, it helps (with plenty of yawning  in between).  :)

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2012, 07:42:06 PM »

Up at 4am eh? 

Nik's a trooper.

As evidenced by this thread, Nik got up at 4, watched the first period and then went back to sleep. So a trooper with a lot of "Needs Improvement" on his performance reviews.
-Karl Marx

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile