Author Topic: The 2012-2013 NBA Thread: How are the Pacers doing, Ern?  (Read 10325 times)

Offline Erndog

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The 2012-2013 NBA Thread: How are the Pacers doing, Ern?
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
Saw this today, thought it was interesting:

Comparison between the "leaders" of the current champs in the NHL and NBA.

In Jonathan Toews' Stanley Cup post-game speech, he said 'we' 14 times and 'I' 0 times.

In LeBron James' NBA title post-game speech, he said 'we' 0 times and 'I' 18 times.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »

In Jonathan Toews' Stanley Cup post-game speech, he said 'we' 14 times and 'I' 0 times.

In LeBron James' NBA title post-game speech, he said 'we' 0 times and 'I' 18 times.

It is interesting. I mean, it's not true, but it is interesting that people are spreading this around and what that says about them. Here's the clip of Lebron's post game press conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYypsZRGKSI

The very first question he gets asked is "Two things how does it feel to be a multiple champion and how does this compare to last year?"

This is his answer.

It feels great. This team is amazing and the vision that I had when I decided to come here is all coming true. Through adversity, through everything we've been through, we've been able to perservere and win back to back championships. It's an unbelievable feeling and I'm happy to be a part of such a world class organization.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Online Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2013, 02:49:50 PM »

It is interesting. I mean, it's not true, but it is interesting that people are spreading this around and what that says about them. Here's the clip of Lebron's post game press conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYypsZRGKSI

The very first question he gets asked is "Two things how does it feel to be a multiple champion and how does this compare to last year?"

This is his answer.

It feels great. This team is amazing and the vision that I had when I decided to come here is all coming true. Through adversity, through everything we've been through, we've been able to perservere and win back to back championships. It's an unbelievable feeling and I'm happy to be a part of such a world class organization.

Boom.

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2013, 07:22:53 PM »

Looks like it was a pretty busy day in the NBA too. Dwight Howard will go to the Rockets, Andre Iguodala to the Warriors.
-Karl Marx

Online hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2013, 05:32:14 AM »
Blockbuster trade between the Celtics and the Nets.  To Brooklyn go Paul Pierce & Kevin Garnett, along with Jason Terry and D.J. White, while Brooklyn shipped Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, Keith Bogans, Kris Joseph, MarShon Brooks along with three first round picks and some extra option.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/nba/story/2013/07/12/sp-nba-basketball-paul-pierce-kevin-garnett-traded-to-brooklyn-nets-boston-celtics.html

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:36:19 AM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2013, 10:58:16 AM »

Well, apparently with a simple majority vote today the rumoured name change of the Bobcats to the Hornets will be set for the 2014-2015 season.

I'm a little unsure of how to deal with this as it's a decision by Michael Jordan's ownership group that seems pretty smart.
-Karl Marx

Online hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2013, 08:29:39 AM »
The Knicks Amar'e Stoudemire part of Canadian delegation at the 2013 Maccabi Games in Israel.  Assistant coach of the Canadian men's basketball team.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/grange-hebrew-roots-spark-stoudemire-into-coaching/.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2013, 08:29:39 AM »