Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
Re: NHL13
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 05:39:06 PM »
Rosters all messed up. AGAIN.

What's up?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »
Rosters all messed up. AGAIN.

What's up?

No Morgan Rielly, Matt Finn, Petter Granberg or Kenny Ryan in GM mode (I couldn't even find Ryan in the game), while guys like Jerome Flaake and Josh Nicholls are still there (and Flaake is signed to a contract). That's just the Leafs. When I try to fix it, it ends up bumping other players from the roster that should be there. I don't know about other teams but I'm sure the Leafs aren't the only team they just copied and pasted from last year.

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 06:14:33 PM »
Rielly and Finn are there for me.

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »

Did you drop anyone from the roster before you started?

Have you found Owuya or Ryan? I can't find them. They were removed completely from last years roster update so I doubt they're there.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 08:25:59 PM »
Happy Gilmore ‏@_Happy_Gilmore
NHL '13 has a new "Be A Commissioner" mode. You take the disc, smash it with a hammer and no one gets to play.
 Retweeted by Spector's Hockey

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 11:30:36 PM »
Happy Gilmore ‏@_Happy_Gilmore
NHL '13 has a new "Be A Commissioner" mode. You take the disc, smash it with a hammer and no one gets to play.
 Retweeted by Spector's Hockey

LOL

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 01:05:05 AM »

Have you found Owuya or Ryan? I can't find them. They were removed completely from last years roster update so I doubt they're there.
Have you tried updating the rosters? I played a game online so I think they auto updated and Reilly is there, picture and all. Finn is an unsigned prospect.

Oh and no I did not drop anyone.

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 03:14:24 AM »
Ah, you updated the rosters. I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

Offline Green Leaf

• Rookie
  • We Are Everyday Builders
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 08:31:13 AM »

I know Ryan played ( well mind you.. with 23pts in 32 games and a 20% shooting accuracy ;) ) on the RR last year for the majority of the season... Idk if it has to do something with contract issues between EA Sports and the ECHL... I had read something like that on this board a couple years ago..

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 12:04:59 PM »

I know Ryan played ( well mind you.. with 23pts in 32 games and a 20% shooting accuracy ;) ) on the RR last year for the majority of the season... Idk if it has to do something with contract issues between EA Sports and the ECHL... I had read something like that on this board a couple years ago..

He's signed by the Leafs though. Doesn't that make him a member of the NHLPA, or do you have to play a game first? Also, how come guys like Matt Caruana and Drew Paris are still there?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:07:20 PM by TML fan »

Offline Green Leaf

• Rookie
  • We Are Everyday Builders
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 10:36:08 PM »
Re: Gameplay in Practice Mode

I like how the defensive player has to clear the puck now for the play to stop, as opposed to just touching it. Much better.

Offline mc

• Veteran
  • get the shovels
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 05:54:06 PM »
So i have had every NHL game since '96. But NHL 13 is really giving me trouble. I basically suck - which I dont. But I am getting beat in all areas. Its so frustrating. Its as if all my online opponents have some sort of super boost. Any team I chose is so slow compared to my online opponent. I wonder if I am doing anything wrong? Should I amp all my settings - full attack, full forecheck??

Online Dappleganger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2012, 07:42:23 PM »
So i have had every NHL game since '96. But NHL 13 is really giving me trouble. I basically suck - which I dont. But I am getting beat in all areas. Its so frustrating. Its as if all my online opponents have some sort of super boost. Any team I chose is so slow compared to my online opponent. I wonder if I am doing anything wrong? Should I amp all my settings - full attack, full forecheck??

I was in the same boat as you up until last weekend. I used to dominate at the NHL games but this new one is much different.

I think it's just a matter of unlearning the things that used to work in the old games and finding the new tricks. I find the skating momentum is crucial in the new game.

Offline mc

• Veteran
  • get the shovels
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 08:21:38 PM »
It is just so frustrating having ur behind handed to you all the time. Half of the time I just end up quitting out of sheer anger. Then of course I have to put up with the endless hate messages lol

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 08:21:38 PM »