Author Topic: Shane Doan  (Read 10998 times)

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Shane Doan
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 09:27:50 AM »
Yeah, that's a fair comparable.

Offline Corn Flake

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 09:31:24 AM »
With all the stupidity going on with contracts, I bet Doan gets $4-5 mil and 4-5 years from some nut job team.  Maybe even more if the truly insane attempt a cap circumvention contract with some trailing "retirement" years tacked on.

Offline Erndog

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »
With all the stupidity going on with contracts, I bet Doan gets $4-5 mil and 4-5 years from some nut job team.  Maybe even more if the truly insane attempt a cap circumvention contract with some trailing "retirement" years tacked on.

Shawn Simpson (former scout with the Leafs, Caps, etc) was on the radio yesterday and said that he expects him to get 3 years and $5M per on the open market.  I think that is virtually a given at this point.

Offline BC Buds Fan

• Prospect
  • team nutman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 12:11:53 PM »
Since Doan has repeatedly come out and said that he has no wish to relocate his family, I suspect that he fears the Coyotes will move in the near future and he doesn't want to get pulled away too far (Quebec).  I'm betting he goes to a California team for next 2-3 years so he can keep the fam in Phoenix area and then retire.

Just my own speculation though.  I would love to have had his character on the Leafs, but I don't think that was ever going to happen.

Offline Bonsixx

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 01:50:45 PM »
For all the talk of the "wear and tear" on Doan, it's worth remembering he's only ever played past the first round of the playoffs once. That certainly saves on some of this "mileage" people are so afraid of.

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Sucker punching Logan Couture
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 02:15:45 PM »
For all the talk of the "wear and tear" on Doan, it's worth remembering he's only ever played past the first round of the playoffs once. That certainly saves on some of this "mileage" people are so afraid of.

Some, sure, but he's also played in five World Championships.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline Bonsixx

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 07:12:14 PM »

Some, sure, but he's also played in five World Championships.

I think we've all clearly established that the World Championships don't count.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 09:33:40 PM »
According to Kevin McGran, the Leafs are "in on Doan."
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 09:36:10 PM »

Not against it, but I think he goes back to Phoenix unless someone grossly overpays.

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 09:36:44 PM »

Well, if they are, Burke needs to start moving some bodies, unless he is going to play some forwards on the back end.
BWB

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 09:40:30 PM »
Not against it, but I think he goes back to Phoenix unless someone grossly overpays.

Probably, but, from the sounds of things, the instability with the ownership situation there is making him question re-upping with them. I think LA is probably ahead of the pack, due to their proximity to Phoenix, but, there's also some talk his wife wants to move back to BC and such. The situation there is very much in flux.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2012, 09:40:44 PM »
Doan on the Leafs would be great. Would make up for any lost depth on the wing if JVR's transition to centre goes smoothly. But yeah, I won't be holding my breath.

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2012, 09:43:29 PM »
I think LA is probably ahead of the pack, due to their proximity to Phoenix, but, there's also some talk his wife wants to move back to BC and such. The situation there is very much in flux.

If he goes anywhere other than Phoenix, it's probably Vancouver.
BWB

Offline Dappleganger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2012, 10:13:21 PM »

Yes, of course they are.  ::)

Offline Corn Flake

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 10:08:39 AM »

There is some suggestion that the Leafs are willing to do that.

If he is, I think Burke is badly looking for another leader on this team.  Doan would bring that for sure, even if he isn't going to bring a whole stack of offensive production.

edit: But yes, we should remember this is coming from Kevin "I like to bait Leafs fans by saying things that get them going" McGran and of course Loud Howard jumped in 10 seconds after Kevin posted his little tidbit last night.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:12:14 AM by Corn Flake »