Author Topic: Leafs @ Canucks - Apr. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Canucks - Apr. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2021, 09:48:32 PM »
I think it was a flukey win. I mean, how many crossbars, posts, bad bounces did the Leafs have? Credit Holtby for keeping them in it.
Yup. That's the way it goes. That's ok though, fans will overreact as usual

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2021, 09:50:02 PM »
Dudes if Fred was in it would have been over long before the overtime. Didn't you see that highlight montage they showed from the last time they played?
You can stop that garbage too because you have no idea what a healthy Freddie would play like. What is evident is that Jack isn't doing the job lately. Rittich will be in the next one for sure.

Offline Chris

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2021, 09:52:34 PM »
You never know whether you're getting good or bad Freddie. I'd take my chances with him if he's actually healthy, though.

I'd say Rittich should get the next game. Campbell is in a funk.

Leafs really need to come out on a mission Tuesday. They need a statement game. Well, I guess you could consider this to be a (bad) statement game of sorts.

Offline azzurri63

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2021, 09:52:43 PM »
We stink dudes

This team is laughable.

All you positive guys on here who never have anything bad to say about this team. Let's have it. I'm sure we'll hear it. Leafs had some good chances, we outshot them, deserved better blah blah blah blah. Oh let's not forget but we are in 1st place.  Bottom line is this team needs an overhaul. Get some players on here who actually give a rats ass because every year it's the same thing. Coaching needs to be called out to.

I will give you credit where credits due.  You’ve hated this team since day one

Really. Been a diehard since the early 70's late 60's. You don't know me buddy it's just the facts. All some do on here is look at stats and think everything is rosy. Little do you guys know. Some should apply for a position with Leafs organization because you'd fit right in. Team has some flaws that seem to get neglected and until then is going nowhere. There's talent which you need, character and grit. I'll give them the first that's it.

Online dekedastardly

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2021, 09:55:04 PM »
In all seriousness, yeah. With a little "puck luck" tonight it could have easily been more like 5-2 for the Leafs.

Hughson also likes to say "button hook" a lot

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2021, 09:56:16 PM »
I think it was a flukey win. I mean, how many crossbars, posts, bad bounces did the Leafs have? Credit Holtby for keeping them in it.

I can see why people are losing their minds though, this loss did drop us all the way down to 1st place in the North division.

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2021, 09:57:36 PM »
I think all you need to do is look at Zee’s chunk thread .

This team plays great for a good span, looks like crap for an equally long span , back and forth ...rinse and repeat . It’s really the playoffs that will prove what this team is.... a great team that sits atop the division or the horrible team we’ve seen over the last 4 games .

EDIT: to me it’s the effort or lack of effort that we’re seeing from this team ...when they decide to take a break it shows on the ice
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 09:59:42 PM by RedLeaf »
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.." --Isaac Asimov.

Online dekedastardly

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2021, 09:58:08 PM »

I can see why people are losing their minds though, this loss did drop us all the way down to 1st place in the North division.

You had to know the Nucks would get up for that OT. At least we got a point out of it. Did I hear that Foligno and Hutton would be eligible for next game?

Offline azzurri63

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2021, 10:00:06 PM »

Wow

Offline BrownRolo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2021, 10:00:12 PM »
I blame Andersen for Campbell's bad play. After he got the 11 wins Andersen sent him a congratulatory post on Twitter or Instagram or something. Freddie cursed him since then. Andersen is the worst.

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2021, 10:00:52 PM »

No kidding. I'm glad the players don't react the way fans do..funny there were a lot of people who thought this would be a cake walk..I figured it would be tough because of Holtby and it was. We lost one point and gained one more on the Jets  Oh well go get them Tuesday.

Online dekedastardly

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2021, 10:02:41 PM »
I blame Andersen for Campbell's bad play. After he got the 11 wins Andersen sent him a congratulatory post on Twitter or Instagram or something. Freddie cursed him since then. Andersen is the worst.

Pretty much. He's locker room cancer even when he's watching from home

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2021, 10:04:39 PM »

Wow

I know right.

Offline wnc096

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2021, 10:19:04 PM »

Really. Been a diehard since the early 70's late 60's. You don't know me buddy it's just the facts. All some do on here is look at stats and think everything is rosy. Little do you guys know. Some should apply for a position with Leafs organization because you'd fit right in. Team has some flaws that seem to get neglected and until then is going nowhere. There's talent which you need, character and grit. I'll give them the first that's it.

Yeah but when they lose you jump all over them...and when they win you’re it’s always “Yeah sure they won BUT....(laundry list of things you didn’t like)”

I get it though...I guess if you been a fan for that long you have the right to be jaded. 

Offline azzurri63

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2021, 10:23:31 PM »
I think all you need to do is look at Zee’s chunk thread .

This team plays great for a good span, looks like crap for an equally long span , back and forth ...rinse and repeat . It’s really the playoffs that will prove what this team is.... a great team that sits atop the division or the horrible team we’ve seen over the last 4 games .

EDIT: to me it’s the effort or lack of effort that we’re seeing from this team ...when they decide to take a break it shows on the ice

So why is that allowed to happen? Game here game there sure they are after all human. But when they seem to lack putting in an effort which I'm not going to say was the cause tonight but when they do or certain individuals do why isn't anyone punished for that. Not this team. Regardless of how you're playing, how the PP is doing etc etc it's always status quo. Keefe needs to be called out on this. I don't care if you're making 10 million a year if you're sucking balls then maybe you need a night off. PP isn't clicking maybe throw out others. Sure the end result is you want to win and the best players need to play but if you're not cutting it sorry.

You want my take on this team. Some aren't going to agree and I've said it before. Nylander holding out was the start got paid even after holding out and the the big 2 signed for what I said was going to hurt this team from filling out the roster properly. Not saying that model hasn't worked a la Blackhawks and Penguins teams but my opinion not the best way to go. I haven't commented on Thornton, Simmonds etc but I will now. What did you all think these guys were going to bring other than leadership and maybe a little grit from Wayne. The 2 are at the end of their careers and for the most part are done. Now a lot are complaining about them. Is what it is Dubas handcuffed himself and had to fill in the holes with castoffs from other clubs or signings from overseas. Matthews is the leader on this team. Both him and Marner in my opinion are overpaid not in the sense that they aren't great players but this early in their career I thought they were slightly overpaid. You can't argue with their numbers so it is what it is but I seriously thought maybe 8.5 and 9.5 was suffice. With that they could have used those savings to maybe help land a top 4 defensemen. Reilly is not your guy and the team is in trouble if he is your #1. That has not been addressed. I loved the Tavares signing as other than money didn't cost us anything but I think that money would have been better spent or held on to try and obtain a D man that can play 25 minutes a night and can play both ends of the ice and quarterback your PP.

Sure we can wait and see what happens in the playoffs. What is it going to take to please most on here getting by the first round? Winning 2 rounds? Talent wise this team is better than the rest in the division but I don't think they are head and shoulders above everyone else as it seems like other years something is lacking. If we don't do well in the playoffs Dubas, Shanny need to go bring someone else in and change the character of this team.

Just my 2 cents.