Just for Fun > All Sports But Hockey

12 Soccer Teams Announce Formation of European Super League

<< < (3/5) > >>

Arn:
Anyone with a subscription to The Athletic, they seem to have quite good well explained coverage.

Nik:

And now Manchester United announces they're pulling out too. Almost inspiring the way fan outrage caused real change.

Arn:
Rumours that Fenway Sports may even consider selling Liverpool as this was what their ownership was all about.

I wonder if these teams might be suspended from European competition for a season next year or if the money will win out...

I’m astonished how quickly it has collapsed.

Deebo:

--- Quote from: Arn on April 20, 2021, 06:16:07 PM ---Rumours that Fenway Sports may even consider selling Liverpool as this was what their ownership was all about.

I wonder if these teams might be suspended from European competition for a season next year or if the money will win out...

--- End quote ---

I saw a report about the Glazers thinking about selling too. United fans have wanted them out for decades.

But who has the money to buy these clubs nowadays?

Arn:

--- Quote from: Deebo on April 20, 2021, 06:38:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Arn on April 20, 2021, 06:16:07 PM ---Rumours that Fenway Sports may even consider selling Liverpool as this was what their ownership was all about.

--- End quote ---

I saw a report about the Glazers thinking about selling too. United fans have wanted them out for decades.

But who has the money to buy these clubs nowadays?

--- End quote ---

Well the Saudi Arabia investment fund (total value £2bn +) had a £305m bid for Newcastle accepted. Only for the Premier League to reject it with 6 clubs particularly vociferous about another club possibly usurping them in terms of wealth for some unknown reason...

So that’s kind of the level it’s at. Clubs being indirectly owned by states. Leicester City are owned by a Thailand consortium. Sheffield United another Saudi fund. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version