Just for Fun > All Sports But Hockey

Roger Clemens Mis-Trial declared

<< < (2/4) > >>

Derk:

--- Quote from: Busta Reims on July 14, 2011, 01:49:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Damian on July 14, 2011, 01:45:07 PM ---Is double jeopardy valid with a mistrial? I though it was only once the case has been seen through...

--- End quote ---

I don't believe it is. While you can't be tried twice for the same action, I'm pretty sure the first trial has to reach a verdict before it can count against that.

--- End quote ---

That's what I thought too. Stellick mentioned it at lunch (not that he is a lawyer) and I thought I would ask. It would seem like a pretty stupid thing.

TheMightyOdin:
I think his defense team is on steroids.

L K:
To be honest, it's stupid that the government is wasting their time going after Bonds/Clemens, etc.  The whole 'speak in front of Congress' was a political farce meant to further re-election bids.

BlueWhiteBlood:

--- Quote from: L K on July 14, 2011, 05:18:38 PM ---To be honest, it's stupid that the government is wasting their time going after Bonds/Clemens, etc.  The whole 'speak in front of Congress' was a political farce meant to further re-election bids.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, you'd think they have enough dirty politicians to fry instead.

Damian:
I can only assume the prosecution misremembered the judges instructions..... hey, wouldnt that be grounds for appeal?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version