Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Useless Thread

Started by ThatLeafsFan, July 18, 2011, 05:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bustaheims

Quote from: Iafrate on June 01, 2022, 03:12:05 PM
https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-tesla-return-to-work-remote-work-1849000568

Forward thinking!

For the head of a company that produces some very forward thinking products, the degree to which he is out of touch with present realities is quite astonishing.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bender

Quote from: bustaheims on June 01, 2022, 03:14:31 PM

Forward thinking!

For the head of a company that produces some very forward thinking products, the degree to which he is out of touch with present realities is quite astonishing.
I mean, he did compare Trudeau to Hitler literally for the lulz, so yeah, he can Frig off.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

bustaheims

Quote from: Bender on June 01, 2022, 03:43:28 PM

Forward thinking!

I mean, he did compare Trudeau to Hitler literally for the lulz, so yeah, he can Frig off.

He's best suited to be a silent partner. Unfortunately, he's completely incapable of either of those things.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

L K

Quote from: bustaheims on June 01, 2022, 03:54:22 PM
Quote from: Bender on June 01, 2022, 03:43:28 PM

Forward thinking!

He's best suited to be a silent partner. Unfortunately, he's completely incapable of either of those things.

Is Musk working as the CEO of Tesla directly from their corporate office?  No.  Yeah, then STFU.

EV is a growing field.  Tesla already has a reputation for grinding down their employees.  A lot of the engineering/chemist hires stay for a few years and leave for better jobs.m

Joe

Well congratulations to Ontario for proving that we can be just as idiotic as Alberta.

Nik

Quote from: Iafrate on June 02, 2022, 09:42:14 PM
Well congratulations to Ontario for proving that we can be just as idiotic as Alberta.

I mean, in fairness to us, this isn't quite as bad. It's not good but this result is indicative of a broken system where a party who gets 40% of the vote will have an unassailable majority. The Conservatives are still going to not come anywhere close to winning the popular vote whereas Kenney won the last provincial election in Alberta with 54% of the vote.

A reasonable and fair system would probably see a Centre-Left coalition government in Ontario. That we'll have another Conservative Majority is, I think it's pretty fair to say, not an accurate reflection of how the people voted.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

OldTimeHockey

Quote from: Nik on June 02, 2022, 09:54:53 PM
Quote from: Iafrate on June 02, 2022, 09:42:14 PM

I mean, in fairness to us, this isn't quite as bad. It's not good but this result is indicative of a broken system where a party who gets 40% of the vote will have an unassailable majority. The Conservatives are still going to not come anywhere close to winning the popular vote whereas Kenney won the last provincial election in Alberta with 54% of the vote.

A reasonable and fair system would probably see a Centre-Left coalition government in Ontario. That we'll have another Conservative Majority is, I think it's pretty fair to say, not an accurate reflection of how the people voted.

As a Conservative voter and a non Ford supporter, I ask, how should people have voted? Horwath? Are you kidding me? Del Luca? Wynne's right hand man.....???

Other parties need to do better. That is all.

It's sort of like the Conservatives nominating the most recent idiots in the Federal elections. Ford is an imbecile but Horwath supporting whatever platform she can depending on the wind and temperature and Del Luca's simple track record makes it hard to expect much of a sway in a different direction.

That said, Ford getting in does not bode well for anyone with school aged children. I think there's a good chance we see a strike this fall.

Nik

Quote from: OldTimeHockey on June 02, 2022, 11:33:15 PM
As a Conservative voter and a non Ford supporter, I ask, how should people have voted? Horwath? Are you kidding me? Del Luca? Wynne's right hand man.....???

I'm not entirely sure what of my post this is a response to because I didn't say people should have voted in another way than they did. I said that the government we're about to have four more years of is not really a reflection of the way people voted and that I think that a system is fundamentally broken if any party can receive 40% of the vote and have complete control over the Province.

I mean, I could come up with a bunch of reasons why I think that a vote for the Conservatives is fundamentally bad for people in the province regardless of who's running the various parties if you want me to.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

OldTimeHockey

Quote from: Nik on June 02, 2022, 11:39:01 PM
Quote from: OldTimeHockey on June 02, 2022, 11:33:15 PM

I'm not entirely sure what of my post this is a response to because I didn't say people should have voted in another way than they did. I said that the government we're about to have four more years of is not really a reflection of the way people voted and that I think that a system is fundamentally broken if any party can receive 40% of the vote and have complete control over the Province.

I mean, I could come up with a bunch of reasons why I think that a vote for the Conservatives is fundamentally bad for people in the province regardless of who's running the various parties if you want me to.

I simply quoted your post to continue the conversation. Not really trying to debate your post itself in any way.

Bill_Berg_is_sad

I don't pay much attention to the party leaders themselves and never vote based on my like or dislike of them individually. I try to go by the party platforms.

Nik

Quote from: OldTimeHockey on June 03, 2022, 12:08:51 AM
I simply quoted your post to continue the conversation. Not really trying to debate your post itself in any way.

As my man Bill Berg is Sad just showed, I find the best way to do that is post on topic without quotes that suggest a direct response to someone. Best of luck!
- Vince Lombardi

LittleHockeyFan

I think the problem is/was that none of the three major party leaders exudes any sort of Premier ability. Doug Fraud has already proven himself useless (unless you're one of his friends in big business or whatever), Steven DelDuca carries the stigma of having been in Kathleen Wynne's cabinet and Andrea Horwath just doesn't have it. The Liberals and the NDP spent way too much time slinging it at each other (and dividing the anti Ford vote). And the Conservatives just disappeared and let the others fight.

And the casual voter probably just went 'meh, none of them are any good, I ain't voting.'

Bullfrog

I actually quite like Horwath. I'm glad she's still an MPP at least.

I don't think Del Duca was hurt much by being in Wynne's cabinet. I think he was hurt by his total lack of personality.

Zee

Quote from: Bullfrog on June 03, 2022, 02:45:28 PM
I actually quite like Horwath. I'm glad she's still an MPP at least.

I don't think Del Duca was hurt much by being in Wynne's cabinet. I think he was hurt by his total lack of personality.
It was bizarre for me to see him the last few years. We went to high school together (yeah I knew him when he had hair). He was a few years younger than I was but his older brother was one of my best friends in high school. Would have been neat to see him win for that reason alone

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed