Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

Callahan and Rags avoid arbitration

(1/4) > >>

bustaheims:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=372579

--- Quote ---The New York Rangers have avoided arbitration with another one of their young forwards, signing Ryan Callahan to a three-year contract.

The two sides were scheduled to have an arbitration hearing on July 28, but have come to terms instead.
--- End quote ---

Kypreos tweeted that the contract is valued "in the ballpark of $13M." That put the Rags over the cap. They'll have to move someone or buy someone out.

Omallley:
Yeah, reports are that it is just south of 13M, which gives him a similar cap to Dubinsky...I wonder if he does come in at 4.2 per?

Wolski's played his last as a Ranger, one would think...

Sarge:

--- Quote from: Omallley on July 27, 2011, 03:02:28 PM ---Yeah, reports are that it is just south of 13M, which gives him a similar cap to Dubinsky...I wonder if he does come in at 4.2 per?

Wolski's played his last as a Ranger, one would think...

--- End quote ---

Watch Mueller break out this year.  ;D

Derk:
Does them being over the cap include Redden? I remember reading in here that he counts towards the cap until the season starts and he goes back to the minors.

Correct me if I am wrong, please. :)

Omallley:

--- Quote from: Derk on July 27, 2011, 03:08:48 PM ---Does them being over the cap include Redden? I remember reading in here that he counts towards the cap until the season starts and he goes back to the minors.

Correct me if I am wrong, please. :)

--- End quote ---

Yeah, he counts during the off-season, although I don't think busta was counting him when he says they're now over the cap. Presently, they're pretty much using up every bit of their 10% overage allowed in the off-season. I don't think they can add another contract until they can put Redden/Wolski on waivers, or move a player out in a trade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version