Just for Fun > Non-Hockey Chatter

Useless Thread

<< < (456/491) > >>

Peter D.:

--- Quote from: herman on January 20, 2022, 11:07:38 PM ---lol, lmao pic.twitter.com/VSSRLuxnrv— matthew. (@iAmTheWarax) January 21, 2022
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Still don't understand the fascination with NFT's.  Give me the tangible product over a digital one every single time.

bustaheims:
When we all live in the Metaverse, NFTs might be worth something. They’re just reasons to throw away money in the real world.

Nik:

--- Quote from: Peter D. on January 21, 2022, 05:06:07 PM ---Still don't understand the fascination with NFT's.  Give me the tangible product over a digital one every single time.

--- End quote ---

The only thing I've ever heard that makes sense to me is that it might eventually be a way for companies to monetize what a lot of people enjoy for free on the internet right now. So, like, if you could own a popular meme or what have you and have some sort of legal way to charge other people to use it. Obviously the technological or legal infrastructure might not be there yet to make that realistic now but I also don't underestimate capitalism's desire to affix a price tag to every aspect of the human experience.

herman:
This is the single greatest video that will ever exist and the monumental effort that it must have taken to create it imbues within me a level respect that is only equal to the fear of the possible crypto future that it gave me.

The Problem With NFTs https://t.co/JTmiwaMdNM— DarkViperAU (@DarkViperAU) January 23, 2022
--- End quote ---
It’s a feature length movie in duration, so if you’re bored and curious about the history and impact and consequence of cryptocurrency and NFTs, here you go!

(TLDW: it’s all a big scam)

herman:
"$130 billion wiped off crypto markets in 24 hours" https://t.co/zVROLXeJHO— Eddy Elfenbein (@EddyElfenbein) January 24, 2022
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version