Just for Fun > All Sports But Hockey

2021-2022 Official Toronto Raptors Thread

<< < (5/12) > >>

L K:
I get it.  Every win against a good team is proof they are legitimate and every 3-4 game losing streak is because they are young.

The reality is this is a very shallow team with a bench that sucks and not enough guys who can score consistently.

Significantly Insignificant:
I think what has happened is that the world championship win has caused this affect where hop is being sold on Ujiri and Nurse's behalf so everything is being viewed through a positive lens.  That goodwill will get burnt through though of the results don't meet expectations in a couple of years.

L K:
We definitely don't have a bad organization with Nurse and Ujiri.

But aside from the Kawhi trade (that I think if you look at the context of Derozan previously being assured he wouldn't get traded and then having it happen anyway doesn't necessarily highlight the same Ujiri is a great man narrative) his biggest move with the Raptors was the Knicks stupidly turning down a trade for Kyle Lowry.

They turned down a package of Raymond Felton, Metta World Peace and one of Iman Shumpert/Tim Hardaway Jr/2018 first round pick. 

Nik:
The Goran Dragic era is over. He's been dealt to the Spurs for Thad Young who might be a decent bench piece or might be moved later today. Who knows?

Full deal is Dragic and a Lottery Protected 1st for Thad Young, Drew Eubanks and a 2nd.

Edit again: The 2nd Rd pick the Raptors are getting is from Detroit so the draft pick swap probably just amounts to moving down 10-15 spots in the draft.

Nik:

And the Ben Simmons saga comes to an end. What an interesting couple of teams the Nets and 76ers should be in the Playoffs. Here's hoping for a series between them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version