Just for Fun > Ok Blue Jays Talk

Roy Halladay dies in Plane Crash

<< < (6/7) > >>

hockeyfan1:

--- Quote from: Bender on January 23, 2019, 10:29:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: herman on January 23, 2019, 02:37:24 PM ---“Of the countless players that have worn the Blue Jays uniform, few have done so with the determination and elegance of Roy Halladay.”#DocForever | #HOF2019 pic.twitter.com/cSvBbI1pAz— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) January 22, 2019
--- End quote ---

I'm glad I got a chance to watch this guy work. Even from the 500s it was a special experience.

78 Seconds of Roy Halladay Highlights. pic.twitter.com/9wCIdc7b7p— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) January 23, 2019
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I watched him a few times at the dome also. He was a treat to watch.

--- End quote ---

It brings back nostalgia to many a Jays fan, and pride in his posthumous soon-to-be induction.  Doc, no one’s ever gonna forget you.

L K:
A shame that Roy won’t be going into the Hall as a Blue Jay.  It seemed like everything he did and said around retirement indicated he wanted to go in with the team. 

His wife felt otherwise and the HOF Committee agreed.

Nik:

--- Quote from: L K on January 24, 2019, 07:21:00 AM ---A shame that Roy won’t be going into the Hall as a Blue Jay.  It seemed like everything he did and said around retirement indicated he wanted to go in with the team. 

--- End quote ---

Eh. The whole "what team" thing is manufactured nonsense regardless. The choice that gets made doesn't change anything about what he did and given the circumstances I'm perfectly happy with respecting his family's wishes.

cabber24:

--- Quote from: L K on January 24, 2019, 07:21:00 AM ---A shame that Roy won’t be going into the Hall as a Blue Jay.  It seemed like everything he did and said around retirement indicated he wanted to go in with the team. 

--- End quote ---
Sure, it's disappointing. He was the best and for the vast majority of the time a Blue Jay.

Has any other player gone into the HOF without representing a team?

Nik:

--- Quote from: cabber24 on January 24, 2019, 09:58:26 AM ---Has any other player gone into the HOF without representing a team?

--- End quote ---

Greg Maddux did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version