Jan Jenik
Victor Soderstrom
Ivan ProsvetovGame Notes

TOR
•Mrazek (2-1-0, 4.13 GAA, .880 Sv%) will start for the Leafs
•This will be Mrazek's first game in 32 days

ARI
•Vejmelka (3-13-1, 3.30 GAA, .904 Sv%) will likely start for the Coyotes
•In case you couldn't tell from their roster... the Coyotes are bad. They have a .258 points percentage and are on pace for just 42 points this season. For some context, in the Tank-For-McDavid season Buffalo finished last with 54 points
•Checking in on some former Leafs... Kessel has 23 points in 33 games this season but only 5 goals. Boyd has a very respectable 16 points in 25 games. Gachenyuk, who started the season on the IR and then missed some time due to COVID, has 0 goals and 3 points in 15 games. Riley Nash also recently joined the team after being claimed off waivers by Tampa who claimed him off waivers from Winnipeg earlier in the season
Injuries

•Pierre Engvall - COVID-19 Protocol - Out
•Mitch Marner - COVID-19 Protocol - Out      •Jay Beagle - Lower Body - Injured Reserve
•Ryan Dzingel - Upper Body - Injured Reserve
•Barrett Hayton - Hand - Injured Reserve
•Carter Hutton - Lower Body - Injured Reserve
•Dmitrij Jaskin - Upper Body - Injured Reserve
•Conor Timmins - Knee - Injured Reserve
•Jakob Chychrun - Upper Body - Injured Reserve
•Anton Stralman - COVID-19 Protocol - Out
•Scott Wedgewood - COVID-19 Protocol - Out
•Cam Dineen - COVID-19 Protocol - Out
•Kyle Capobianco - COVID-19 Protocol - OutStream Options

BilaSport.net
Sportsurge.net

Frank E:
Can you imagine being a Coyotes fan right now?

What a sadsack bunch over overpaid underachievers...and they only have like 7 players signed past this season...it's just absolutely embarrassing both on the ice and off.

Can8899:
That Arizona team is an embarrassment.  I consider myself not only a Leaf fan but pretty well-educated NHL fan and I had no idea Andrew Ladd was still in the NHL.  I was sure that he retired years ago due to injury.

I know Covid has taken it's toll on rosters but I've never heard of many of these players.

L K:

--- Quote from: Frank E on January 12, 2022, 09:42:00 AM ---Can you imagine being a Coyotes fan right now?

What a sadsack bunch over overpaid underachievers...and they only have like 7 players signed past this season...it's just absolutely embarrassing both on the ice and off.

--- End quote ---

You can 1967 to me and all that but I honestly don't see how you can be a fan of the Coyotes.  Its from a non-traditional market.  They have constant ownership instability.  They have "where are we going to play tomorrow" instability.   Their team sucks most of the time.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/report-coyotes-not-currently-enough-votes-approve-new-arena/

This is their 25th season as a franchise.   They have won 2 playoff series in their existence and both of them came within the same playoff run when they made it to the Conference finals in 2011-2021. 

It's a back to back tonight but if the Leafs don't win this one handily I will be very disappointed.

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: L K on January 12, 2022, 10:01:29 AM ---You can 1967 to me and all that but I honestly don't see how you can be a fan of the Coyotes.  Its from a non-traditional market.  They have constant ownership instability.  They have "where are we going to play tomorrow" instability.   Their team sucks most of the time.

--- End quote ---

Yeah. When the team's high water mark is basically sustained mediocrity, it's hard to maintain a real interest as a fan.

I understand the appeal of the market, but without being able to ice a quality team on a regular basis, it's a futile effort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version