• For users coming over from tmlfans.ca your username will remain the same but you will need to use the password reset feature (check your spam folder) on the login page in order to set your password. If you encounter issues, email Rick at: couchmanrick@gmail.com

Golden Knights vs. Leafs - Oct. 8th, 10:00pm - TSN4

So was Bob unable to protect a 3-0 lead or was it not his fault? I see he made at least one 10-beller.

Never mind, just read the MLHS game report & Hiller's comments.
 
Last edited:
McNabb later ran over another Leaf; he's not a smol boy.
They're a good team.
On the road with a changed coach/system & very changed roster with very few games played against last year's Cup finalist ... before the game, I'd be happy with a point. (ditto with Colorado coming up)
Vegas is an older team so I have my doubts they can repeat. They had a lot of issues with injuries last year.
Once the Leafs got up 3-0, my hopes went up ...
 
So was Bon unable to protect a 3-0 lead or was it not his fault? I see he made at least one 10-beller.
That was a heck of a save
He hasn't blown me away but he hasn't been giving up softies. He's giving them a chance to win in my opinion.
Loved his stick checks in the shootout ...
 
That was a heck of a save
He hasn't blown me away but he hasn't been giving up softies. He's giving them a chance to win in my opinion.
Loved his stick checks in the shootout ...
Did he actually make a save in the shootout? I feel like the only two players who actually put the puck on the net scored. The rest lost control.
 
So the encouraging thing about Bob last night was that when it got to 3-3, he shut the door. It looks like he still has that ability. In the series against the Leafs, when it looked like the Leafs just needed one more shot to go to the next round, Bob closed the door, and we know how that played out.

If that had been a playoff game, I'm not saying they would have definitely won it, but I would have thought that the chance that Adin Hill broke first was higher than Bob's.
 
Matthews has to start scoring. Seriously, WTF is going on with him? Can he not beat a goalie with his shot? Been waiting seasons for that shot to return. The team will not and cannot compete without him scoring.

A tip-in and a rebound goal don't indicate he's back to his old self.
They've also hit an incredible amount of iron so far. I don't know if I can recall that many posts and crossbars and I don't think the opponents have been hitting iron quite as much either. I think they'll start burying more chances. But yeah, I think you have to start jumbling the lines to try an get a more balanced attack/defense. They were hemmed hard in the second. You'd really kill for a young, mobile d-man right about now.
 
Back
Top