• For users coming over from tmlfans.ca your username will remain the same but you will need to use the password reset feature (check your spam folder) on the login page in order to set your password. If you encounter issues, email Rick at: couchmanrick@gmail.com

Leafs discussing Marchenko trade

Ummm....I'm not sure if I like the smoke pluming around Marchenko or not.
If it's for Knies, I'm not a huge fan. But that's only because of Knies' contract, I think Marchenko is the better player.

If it's for a bunch of stuff that isn't Knies, I'm all for it.
 
Like the Oilers collecting former Leafs, Chayka has amassed a handful of former Blue Jackets*. What's one or two more?

* Inherited Domi, signed Bobrovsky, Roslovic, Blankenburg
 
If it's for Knies, I'm not a huge fan. But that's only because of Knies' contract, I think Marchenko is the better player.

If it's for a bunch of stuff that isn't Knies, I'm all for it.

Like what though? Would have to make cap room for Marchenko's $3.85.
 
If it's for Knies, I'm not a huge fan. But that's only because of Knies' contract, I think Marchenko is the better player.

If it's for a bunch of stuff that isn't Knies, I'm all for it.
That's kind of my thinking. If Marchenko is getting an extra 5 million dollar cost on top of Knies salary I'm not sure its worth a 1 for 1. Kirill is the better player at this point in time (2 years older than Knies)

Marchenko is making 3.85M this year so the Leafs have to move 4 million dollars out to fit him under the cap right now if this happened. I guess if Joshua goes on LTIR the Leafs would have the cap space to add him temporarily if they traded someone like Cowan but its hard to not see that being Knies.
 
That's kind of my thinking. If Marchenko is getting an extra 5 million dollar cost on top of Knies salary I'm not sure its worth a 1 for 1. Kirill is the better player at this point in time (2 years older than Knies)

Marchenko is making 3.85M this year so the Leafs have to move 4 million dollars out to fit him under the cap right now if this happened. I guess if Joshua goes on LTIR the Leafs would have the cap space to add him temporarily if they traded someone like Cowan but its hard to not see that being Knies.
It's basically Knies or Cowan+Danford+COL 1st and Columbus takes Joshua for cap reasons. One makes sense for them, the other not so much. So yeah I'd be expecting Knies here. We'll see maybe I guess.
 
It's basically Knies or Cowan+Danford+COL 1st and Columbus takes Joshua for cap reasons. One makes sense for them, the other not so much. So yeah I'd be expecting Knies here. We'll see maybe I guess.
The flip side is Columbus also has no cap space...so they would need to clear almost 4M in space to fit Knies in this year if it was a 1 for 1 trade.

The Leafs can take on Marchenko if Knies goes the other way. Columbus can't without shedding salary.
 
Someone assure me this guy is a clear improvement over a cost assured power forward who played injured last year. Pending what we give away as well
 
Tough to really evaluate Knies based on preseason, but...thought he looked a bit slow and uninvolved. Maybe just rust? Doesn't seem to really want to take advantage of his greatest asset - size and strength. I'm OK with a trade centered around Knies for Marchenko, depending on what else is included.
 
Back
Top