Author Topic: Joffrey Lupul  (Read 44233 times)

Online nutman

• Veteran
  • Marner... This kid has game.
    • View Profile
Re: Joffrey Lupul
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2013, 07:45:29 AM »
I'm thinking about getting this jersey made up:

I  hear 1's and 9's are hard to come by lately. ;D

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2013, 07:45:29 AM »

Offline leafplasma

• Veteran
  • Blue Bones Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2013, 10:43:48 AM »
k! thanks! I just wondered what that all had to do with Lupul. Still don't really get it, but that's ok. Thanks for 'splainin'  :)

Don't worry we all love Lupes too.  Was that you I seen in the line at Michael's today picking up a glue gun???

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2013, 11:13:03 AM »
Don't worry we all love Lupes too.  Was that you I seen in the line at Michael's today picking up a glue gun???

that's too far away....on my way to Canadian Tire, hope they have them too.

Offline Leafaholic99

• Veteran
  • Optimus Reim
    • View Profile
    • Wuskwatim
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2013, 03:01:40 AM »
Loops has 98 pts in 103 games as a Leaf so far, that trade for him, Gards and a 4th rnd pick in the upcoming draft has to be one of Burkes best trades as the Leafs GM and one of the Leafs best trades in a long time.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2013, 05:12:53 AM »
Loops has 98 pts in 103 games as a Leaf so far, that trade for him, Gards and a 4th rnd pick in the upcoming draft has to be one of Burkes best trades as the Leafs GM and one of the Leafs best trades in a long time.

Yep, I agree.  The way Lupul is playing in particular, he is so versatile in that, pair him with any keen passer or good line, and watch him go.  Probably one of the best signings mid-to-long that the Leafs have on their current roster.  Well done, Mr. Burke.

Offline leafplasma

• Veteran
  • Blue Bones Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2013, 09:28:34 AM »

Not that this lessens the trade at all, in was still a huge steal but I am pretty sure that pick will be a 6th rounder.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2013, 01:14:48 PM »
Not that this lessens the trade at all, in was still a huge steal but I am pretty sure that pick will be a 6th rounder.

There's a lot of confusion around that, and it really comes down to something we don't actually know - the specifics of how that condition was worded when the trade was officially filed with the league.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline leafplasma

• Veteran
  • Blue Bones Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2013, 01:25:14 PM »

There's a lot of confusion around that, and it really comes down to something we don't actually know - the specifics of how that condition was worded when the trade was officially filed with the league.

I know and then there is whether the lockout plays a role in that as far as prorating things.  Time will tell I guess.

Offline Gilmour the Great

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2013, 01:31:17 PM »
I posted this in the GDT, but I think it bears repeating here: Lupul is 2nd in ppg this season. Limited sample size for sure, but holy smokes, that is some elite company he is outpacing. 

Offline Leafaholic99

• Veteran
  • Optimus Reim
    • View Profile
    • Wuskwatim
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2013, 05:27:21 PM »
Lupul has been a huge surprise, when the trade was made I think it was based on getting Gards, not Loops if I recall correctly, it was wishful thinking Loops would be healthy and help out, who knew he would play at this level. Nice to have things going the Leafs way lately, they hockey gods sure are on our side right now!

Offline KGB

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »
He's almost approaching Doug Gilmour '93 and Gary Roberts '02 level.  If he can somehow lift this team to playoff success, he'll join that elite company. 

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2013, 12:17:17 PM »
Named NHL 1st star of the week.

Offline mjmgrand

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2013, 04:31:43 PM »
Anything resembling a repeat of last seasons performance could certainly secure face of the franchise status for Lupul. He has shown himself to be by far the most complete forward on the team and easily a top 10, even top 5 NHL player playing at his best.

Come on...

;D

He might not even be the most complete player on the top line.

I love the guy, but come on.

Glad to have somewhat been proven right here, and I'm still being generous.

The guy is pulling off the hockey equivalent of Kobe Bryant's game right now. Absolute game breaker. Its a thing of beauty to watch, especially it being a Leaf.

Offline Corn Flake

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2013, 04:36:46 PM »
I would say the "face of the franchise" is a tie between Kadri and Lupul, with Kessel and Phaneuf still suggesting they aren't to be forgotten just yet.

edit: the playoffs are usually when the true best of the team step forward. we will know then.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:38:23 PM by Corn Flake »

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2013, 04:44:02 PM »
I would say the "face of the franchise" is a tie between Kadri and Lupul, with Kessel and Phaneuf still suggesting they aren't to be forgotten just yet.

edit: the playoffs are usually when the true best of the team step forward. we will know then.

Jesus Christ (Easter Monday reference), the guy can't even stay off the IR for a season.

Let's tone down the rhetoric.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2013, 04:44:02 PM »