Author Topic: Ontario Election 2018  (Read 8451 times)

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Ontario Election 2018
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2018, 10:33:48 AM »

We're really off to a great start here.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2018, 10:43:04 AM »

We're really off to a great start here.

I don't know, looks like Ford was about to kiss Justin there, he's got a kissable face.

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2018, 10:45:40 AM »
They terk err jerbs!

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2018, 10:48:16 AM »

The childhood home of a friend just sold. It was an ok 3 bedroom house in a not particularly nice part of the city. They got 1.2 million for it.

Seems to me that's almost certainly the fault of refugees who are well-known for all of their million dollar purchases.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2018, 08:23:07 AM »

Cool cool cool

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2018, 08:29:45 AM »
Ford's a moron.  At least he hasn't done anything that I wasn't expecting of him yet. 

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2018, 08:43:56 AM »
Ford's a moron.  At least he hasn't done anything that I wasn't expecting of him yet. 

I mean that's the sad thing. This is what people voted him in for. So he could bring back a sex ed program that was developed in 1998.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2018, 10:03:36 AM »
Perhaps Justin may have overstated the terms and Canada's obligations under the Refugee Convention Treaty law:

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/trudeau-is-exaggerating-what-international-refugee-law-compels-canada-to-do

Offline Andy

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2018, 10:35:41 AM »
Jesus, no Green initiatives anywhere at all in any capacity. That is genuinely frightening. Not to mention putting a greater dependency on Oil and Gas which, ultimately, will just lead to more Middle East interference and occupation culminating in more terrorism. Nothing like an ignorant, selfish criminal in your corner!

In other Joke Premier news, depsite Hydro One being privatived, Ford was able to oust its CEO for a mere 400K......Of course, the only way for this guy to agree to leave and give up his meaty position and severance would be to give him incentive...so how about nearly 10 million in stock options and a 170K yearly pension? They sure showed him!

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2018, 01:51:40 PM »

I mean that's the sad thing. This is what people voted him in for. So he could bring back a sex ed program that was developed in 1998.

Personally I'm looking forward to the increased incidence of teenage pregnancy I'll get to diagnose in the ER.  Nothing says good sexual education policy like "I pushed a baby out of me therefore I know everything about parenting".

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2018, 02:40:55 PM »

Personally I'm looking forward to the increased incidence of teenage pregnancy I'll get to diagnose in the ER.  Nothing says good sexual education policy like "I pushed a baby out of me therefore I know everything about parenting".

I don't think the Sex Ed cirriculum was ever designed to teach kids how to be parents.

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2018, 02:42:52 PM »
Jesus, no Green initiatives anywhere at all in any capacity. That is genuinely frightening. Not to mention putting a greater dependency on Oil and Gas which, ultimately, will just lead to more Middle East interference and occupation culminating in more terrorism. Nothing like an ignorant, selfish criminal in your corner!

In other Joke Premier news, depsite Hydro One being privatived, Ford was able to oust its CEO for a mere 400K......Of course, the only way for this guy to agree to leave and give up his meaty position and severance would be to give him incentive...so how about nearly 10 million in stock options and a 170K yearly pension? They sure showed him!

Yeah, but he kept a promise! A worthless one, but a promise no less!  :P

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 13, 2018, 03:15:47 PM »

B]I don't think the Sex Ed cirriculum was ever designed to teach kids how to be parents.[/b]

On that count alone, no, but it (Sex Ed in general) provides invaluable advice to those who may not know the difference between abstinence and compilation.

It is often erroneously believed that teaching teenagers about the birds & the bees may actually whet their appetite and further peek their curiosity, that they will engage in if not more sex.

Perhaps parents out there feel uneasy to let a teacher who is unrelated to them teach their offspring about this most delicate of subject matters, which, up to a point, is understandable.  People need to remember that no matter how or what they raise their kids as parents, as good a job they do hoping that their young will continue onto the path of responsibility in their lives, inevitably, they cannot determine just what path at some point on the road to adulthood the teenagers will want to explore.

I've always believed that without any sense of direction, education, or even forward thinking, confusion and improper and/or genuine wrongful decision-making will occur, unless steps are taken ahead if time, both at home and most importantly, at school.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2018, 07:52:55 PM »

I've always believed that without any sense of direction, education, or even forward thinking, confusion and improper and/or genuine wrongful decision-making will occur, unless steps are taken ahead if time, both at home and most importantly, at school.

Most importantly at school? Really?

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2018, 11:12:50 PM »
This thread is my new aesthetic:

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2018, 11:12:50 PM »