Author Topic: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590  (Read 1318 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline CarltonTheBear

  • Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
  • *****
  • Posts: 22142
    • View Profile
Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« on: February 18, 2018, 12:03:10 AM »
@
35-20-5, 75 points | 24-24-9, 57 points

Projected Lines

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Komarov-Moore-Kapanen

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Polak

McElhinney

             
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Mantha
Tatar-Larkin-Athanasiou
Helm-Nielsen-Abdelkader
Bertuzzi-Glendening-Frk

Ericsson-Daley
Kronwall-Witkowski
DeKeysey-Jensen

Howard

Scratches

Connor Carrick
Josh Leivo
Matt Martin

      
David Booth
Mike Green
Xaxier Ouellet


Game Notes

TOR
•McElhinney (6-4-0, 2.27 GAA, .932 Sv%) will likely start for the Leafs
•Back-to-back situation, coming off a loss, and facing a forward group with just two players over 200 lbs? Might be Connor Carrick time

DET
•Howard (16-18-6, 2.83 GAA, .910 Sv%) will likely start for the Red Wings
•Detroit beat the Predators 3-1 in Nashville on Saturday night, giving them 3 wins in their last 4 games
•After a rough sophomore season Dylan Larkin seems to be back on track. He leads the Wings in scoring with 43 points in 57 games

Injuries

•Nathan Horton - Back - Out indefinitely
•Joffrey Lupul - Actually Injured - Out indefinitely
      
•Mike Green - Upper Body - Questionable Sunday

Stream Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLstreams

TMLfans.ca

Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« on: February 18, 2018, 12:03:10 AM »

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

  • Sittler Status
  • ******
  • Posts: 14797
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 12:11:11 AM »
You are on top of the B2B, well done.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

  • Sittler Status
  • ******
  • Posts: 14797
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 12:14:20 AM »
Man, when I look at our D ... I mean, I love the Boss but he's not a top pairing guy.   

Offline CarltonTheBear

  • Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
  • *****
  • Posts: 22142
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 12:16:08 AM »
Man, when I look at our D ... I mean, I love the Boss but he's not a top pairing guy.   

Gardiner-Rielly
Dermott-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Carrick

Like, our playoff spot is basically 100% guaranteed. Why not just try it for a week or two?

Offline L K

  • All Star
  • *****
  • Posts: 9222
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 02:35:12 AM »
Man, when I look at our D ... I mean, I love the Boss but he's not a top pairing guy.   

But if you demote Hainsey his feelings might get hurt and we need to make veterans feel good and moving them down the lineup doesn’t make them feel good.  I mean doing to Marner or Nylander is fine because they are young but guys like Komarov need to feel loved otherwise they might feel sad.

Gardiner-Rielly
Dermott-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Carrick

Like, our playoff spot is basically 100% guaranteed. Why not just try it for a week or two?

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

  • Sittler Status
  • ******
  • Posts: 14797
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »
Man, when I look at our D ... I mean, I love the Boss but he's not a top pairing guy.   

Gardiner-Rielly
Dermott-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Carrick

Like, our playoff spot is basically 100% guaranteed. Why not just try it for a week or two?

Or mix and match any of the top 4.  I do think it's time to downsample Hainsey, if for no other reason than to give him as an oldster a break before the playoff intensity.

Offline sickbeast

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1000
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 12:25:05 PM »
I honestly feel that the game last night could have gone either way.  The Leafs had multiple glorious scoring chances that they missed.  Hyman got robbed on an open net, and Matthews missed the net on one play.  There were numerous other golden chances like that where they missed also.  Then there was the dump out play that Don Cherry talked about, and that shot from the point was kind of fluky.

Hopefully the Leafs can pull out a win today.  I'm super impressed with how well they have played against the league's top teams lately.  They are looking like the team we saw at the beginning of the season again.  Cup contenders.

Offline Significantly Insignificant

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 2949
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 03:06:14 PM »
Like, our playoff spot is basically 100% guaranteed. Why not just try it for a week or two?

If they don't make the playoffs, I'm coming back to this post.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.” - Khalil Gibran

Offline sickbeast

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1000
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 03:22:27 PM »
Like, our playoff spot is basically 100% guaranteed. Why not just try it for a week or two?

If they don't make the playoffs, I'm coming back to this post.
For the time being his comments are insignificant.

Offline CarltonTheBear

  • Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
  • *****
  • Posts: 22142
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 05:41:23 PM »
•Back-to-back situation, coming off a loss, and facing a forward group with just two players over 200 lbs? Might be Connor Carrick time


Online Zee

  • All Star
  • *****
  • Posts: 9823
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 05:47:44 PM »
Like, our playoff spot is basically 100% guaranteed. Why not just try it for a week or two?

If they don't make the playoffs, I'm coming back to this post.
According to sports club stats we're only at 99.8% chance of making the playoffs so this not real gud poster might have thrown down the 0.2%  jinx

Offline disco

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1890
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 06:33:22 PM »
go leafs go
"I'm here for (5) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

  • Sittler Status
  • ******
  • Posts: 14797
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 07:04:53 PM »
Like, our playoff spot is basically 100% guaranteed. Why not just try it for a week or two?

If they don't make the playoffs, I'm coming back to this post.
According to sports club stats we're only at 99.8% chance of making the playoffs so this not real gud poster might have thrown down the 0.2%  jinx

One moment of carelessness is all it takes.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

  • Sittler Status
  • ******
  • Posts: 14797
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 07:08:23 PM »
They weren't "lives lost in a senseless tragedy."  They were brutally killed by a gun because our goddamned gutless politicians are owned by maniacs at the NRA.

Offline hrundi99

  • Prospect
  • *
  • Posts: 21
  • Gender: Male
  • Go Leafs Go!
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 07:10:35 PM »
They weren't "lives lost in a senseless tragedy."  They were brutally killed by a gun because our goddamned gutless politicians are owned by maniacs at the NRA.

Yep...

TMLfans.ca

Re: Leafs @ Wings - Feb. 18th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 07:10:35 PM »