Author Topic: Trade Deadline  (Read 16830 times)

Offline Guilt Trip

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Deadline
« Reply #330 on: February 24, 2018, 11:59:20 AM »
Brassard to the Penguins is going to make them very tough to beat. Wonder why we didn't take a big stab at him.  He is a real goud pro.
always liked his game. 
I'm glad they didn't give up 6 assets to get him. I sure wouldn't be giving up a 1st rounder for him. He's not really an upgrade over Bozak.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #330 on: February 24, 2018, 11:59:20 AM »

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 24, 2018, 12:08:29 PM »

Probably doesn't happen... but... if the Leafs were looking for a cheap centre to have round just in case while Matthews is out Holland wouldn't be the worst option.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 24, 2018, 03:12:44 PM »

Probably doesn't happen... but... if the Leafs were looking for a cheap centre to have round just in case while Matthews is out Holland wouldn't be the worst option.
Sure why not, it's costs nothing.

Offline Joe S.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 24, 2018, 03:42:51 PM »

Except a roster and contract spot.

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 24, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »

Yeah, I think Carlton might be drunk.

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 24, 2018, 05:30:31 PM »
The trade deadline suspense is killing me
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 24, 2018, 06:28:54 PM »

Throw Matthews on the IR and you've got a roster spot. The rosters expand post-deadline so after that it won't be a problem.

He has a contract for next season too though which isn't exactly the most ideal thing, but we'll likely need a new 'Leivo' to sit in the press box for every game. He'd be perfect for that.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 24, 2018, 06:31:16 PM »
Yeah, I think Carlton might be drunk.

Beats going after Glendening.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 24, 2018, 10:06:35 PM »
So, who do you all think will no longer be a Leaf come Monday night's game in TB?

I say Connor Brown and Johnsson (+ a 1st) for McDonagh.  And that's it.  I don't think they'll trade any of the the UFAs.

Offline Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 25, 2018, 11:20:16 AM »
With the Nash trade, the Leafs have to pull the trigger on JvR. He's more valuable than Nash and even more valuable if the Leafs retain max salary on him.

Offline sickbeast

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 25, 2018, 11:27:03 AM »
With the Nash trade, the Leafs have to pull the trigger on JvR. He's more valuable than Nash and even more valuable if the Leafs retain max salary on him.
Did you not see them beat Boston last night without Auston Matthews?  Did you see JVR's ridiculous deflection pass to set up Kadri's goal?

All I have to say is that it had better be a king's ransom in return for JVR.  I think the Leafs should not change anything.  They are beating the league's best teams with their current lineup.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 25, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »

Yeah, I'm still in that camp. The Leafs have to be thinking about more than just this year's playoffs. The chance to flip JVR into a solid run with McDonagh or another comparable defenseman I think is too great considering the prospect depth at wing.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 25, 2018, 11:40:08 AM »

Yeah, I'm still in that camp. The Leafs have to be thinking about more than just this year's playoffs. The chance to flip JVR into a solid run with McDonagh or another comparable defenseman I think is too great considering the prospect depth at wing.

I really hope they do, but it still feels like they aren't going to, and that feels like a mistake.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

Offline Guilt Trip

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 25, 2018, 11:42:45 AM »
Did you not see them beat Boston last night without Auston Matthews?  Did you see JVR's ridiculous deflection pass to set up Kadri's goal?

All I have to say is that it had better be a king's ransom in return for JVR.  I think the Leafs should not change anything.  They are beating the league's best teams with their current lineup.
Did you not see Boston's third goal where JVR clearly had the guy covered yet let him go and score. Sorry but he is a defensive liability and efforts like that have no place on this team. Having said that he is more valuable then Nash so he should get a good return. Leo is another guy that needs to go.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 25, 2018, 11:43:56 AM »
This was mentioned before but what is Boston going to do with two R. Nash's on the team.
Nash#1 and Nash#2  (like boys in a family). To really confuse the issue they should both wear the same number.
I am getting dizzy. 
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #344 on: February 25, 2018, 11:43:56 AM »