Author Topic: Frederik Andersen  (Read 13989 times)

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
Re: Frederik Andersen
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2018, 11:24:30 AM »
Could be top 6 by the end of the season, all being well. Impressive.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2018, 11:24:30 AM »

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2018, 11:33:57 AM »
Hope he doesn't get burned out again by Babcock. We've seen November Freddie play like this before, it's April+ that I'm worried about.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2018, 12:56:33 PM »

Hope he doesn't get burned out again by Babcock. We've seen November Freddie play like this before, it's April+ that I'm worried about.

I'm kind of not that worried; Leafs are getting rolled some nights on the shot clock (and the shot attempts), but from watching the games, the Leafs are pretty much pulling off what Carlyle wanted to do in keeping shots to the outside. Not only are the shots generally outside, they're giving Andersen clean looks at the shooters, so all he's doing is squaring up and nullifying (or utilizing) the rebound.

Vegas wasted us on the shot clock but I don't think there were more than a half dozen actually dangerous attempts (in terms of pre-shot movement, location, traffic).

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2018, 01:00:36 PM »

I'm kind of not that worried; Leafs are getting rolled some nights on the shot clock (and the shot attempts), but from watching the games, the Leafs are pretty much pulling off what Carlyle wanted to do in keeping shots to the outside. Not only are the shots generally outside, they're giving Andersen clean looks at the shooters, so all he's doing is squaring up and nullifying (or utilizing) the rebound.

Vegas wasted us on the shot clock but I don't think there were more than a half dozen actually dangerous attempts (in terms of pre-shot movement, location, traffic).

It's still a lot of up/down and the game day weight loss recovery though.  I don't think it matters much if he faces 10 shots of 100 shots a game.  I think they just need to make sure he isn't playing 70 games this year.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 08, 2018, 01:05:18 PM »
It's still a lot of up/down and the game day weight loss recovery though.  I don't think it matters much if he faces 10 shots of 100 shots a game.  I think they just need to make sure he isn't playing 70 games this year.

I think to that point, there's a reason they went with an AHL starter than an NHL backup for the job.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #184 on: November 08, 2018, 01:05:18 PM »