Author Topic: Leafs trade Lindholm for Nic Petan  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Guilt Trip

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs trade Lindholm for Nic Petan
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2019, 02:11:33 PM »
Hard to imagine what sort of scouting could have been done a Petan considering how little he has played over the last few years. What stood out that prompted this move and signing? I just would have thought a guy within might be more inline like a Bracco?
They may see Bracco as more then a 4th liner. He's also a winger, where Petan is a centre. There's something the Leafs see in him, obviously, they have been able to watch him for almost a month now. Cheap signing, can be put on the Marlies so all good or plucked off waivers if he can't cut it. Can't have enough depth.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2019, 02:11:33 PM »

Offline Frycer14

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2019, 06:40:28 PM »
There's something the Leafs see in him, obviously, they have been able to watch him for almost a month now. Cheap signing, can be put on the Marlies so all good or plucked off waivers if he can't cut it. Can't have enough depth.

I guess. Apart from that one goal, all I've seen him do is get pushed off the puck with one hand from opposing defencemen. I can't see him being next year's Ennis, so I'm a bit baffled why he was acquired period, let alone extended. I'd sooner have Engvall up with the club.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2019, 08:57:16 PM »
There's something the Leafs see in him, obviously, they have been able to watch him for almost a month now. Cheap signing, can be put on the Marlies so all good or plucked off waivers if he can't cut it. Can't have enough depth.

I guess. Apart from that one goal, all I've seen him do is get pushed off the puck with one hand from opposing defencemen. I can't see him being next year's Ennis, so I'm a bit baffled why he was acquired period, let alone extended. I'd sooner have Engvall up with the club.

I'm with you Frycer.  But not a big thing one way or the other.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2019, 09:13:53 PM »

Chump change, if he works out great, if not send in the archers.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • GO RAPTORS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2019, 05:52:24 AM »

Chump change, if he works out great, if not send in the archers.

Noticed the same thing when Petan gets knocked off the puck easily.  A guy his size should be using his speed to try and avoid the corners & big d-men. 

That lone goal which he scored is a perfect example of being at the right place at the right time using your speed for sheer advantage.  Obviously Dubas must know more than we do about Petan’s Leafian potentials.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2019, 05:52:24 AM »