Author Topic: Leafs sign Kadri and Rielly to 6-year contacts  (Read 6238 times)

Offline Al14

• Veteran
  • Leafs fan for life.
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs sign Kadri and Rielly to 6-year contacts
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2016, 11:58:52 AM »
You sound very confident that Kadri won't be traded anytime soon.  I'm not so sure he won't be traded for a top 4 Dman if they are given that opportunity.

We'll see how long Kadri stays, depending on what happens with Matthews, Stamkos etc.

I would expect Bozak to go before Kadri, however, with Kadri's antics, on and off the ice, including multiple suspensions, who knows?  I also can't see Kadri as a winger long term, or a 3rd to 4th line centre.  JMHO.

If they intended on/were seriously considering trading Kadri, they wouldn't have signed him to a 6 year deal. They could have moved him as an unsigned RFA without much impact to his value. Signing him to a long-term deal could very easily take a number of teams out of the market for him - only teams that really feel he's a player they want to commit to will be in the market for him now. As an RFA, teams trading for him would have had the opportunity to negotiate with him and determine whether they wanted to go shorter term to see how he fit in before committing.

Also, the "antics" are clearly not an issue for management, nor are the suspensions. Again, if they were, they wouldn't have signed him to this length of a contract. Management clearly sees him as a potential long-term piece - either on the wing or down the middle - or they could have risked being stuck with him for the long run.

We shall see!   ;D

I'm still not convince Kadri is with our Leafs long term.   :o
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:04:51 PM by Al14 »

TMLfans.ca

Re: Leafs sign Kadri and Rielly to 6-year contacts
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2016, 11:58:52 AM »