Author Topic: Series 38: Blue Jays at Angels  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Darryl

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
Series 38: Blue Jays at Angels
« on: August 21, 2015, 04:15:45 PM »
The two current wild card teams meet for 3 in Anaheim/LA.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
Re: Series 38: Blue Jays at Angels
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 10:36:09 PM »
Starting things a little unconventionally. Jays score 3 runs before they record a hit.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 05:59:26 AM »
9-2 win for the Jays over the Angels Friday night.   David Price going a solid eight innings, bewildering Angels' All-Star Mike Trout.

Lots of offensive contributions from the likes of Martin, Pillar, Revere, Donaldson, Encarnacion, Smoak (a long bomber of a homer), et al.

Jays are now four up on the Angels for the Wildcard and half a game back of the Yankees (losers to the Indians) in the A.L. East.

More:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-begin-important-stretch-with-well-rounded-win/

Offline draeko17

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 09:54:24 AM »
Nice to see contributions through out the line up and to see Donaldson step up in the head to head match up with Trout.  Today it's a whole new ball game (no pun intended...), hoping that Estrada will have another solid outing.  It's been an unexpected bonus watching him pitch so far this season.

Offline Captain Canuck

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 06:31:53 PM »
Martin has been playing at less than 100% for a while now so glad to see him get a rest. Navarro starting tonight and Thole being recalled to start tomorrow and catch Dickey.

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 11:03:34 PM »
So, in the Donaldson vs. Trout matchup this weekend, Donaldson now has 8 RBI through the first game and a half of the series. Trout is still looking for his first hit.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline Captain Canuck

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 11:06:07 PM »
10-0 Jays and its only middle of the 4th!  8)

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 11:30:31 PM »
Donaldson's 6th RBI of the game gives him 100 on the year.  First in the league to hit that mark....yeah, he's the favourite in the MVP race.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 08:46:12 AM »
Donaldson's 6th RBI of the game gives him 100 on the year.  First in the league to hit that mark....yeah, he's the favourite in the MVP race.

Not according to Zaun

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 09:22:01 AM »

Not according to Zaun

I mean, it's not open and shut. Trout is going to have support and you could probably make the argument in either direction.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 12:40:22 PM »

Not according to Zaun

I mean, it's not open and shut. Trout is going to have support and you could probably make the argument in either direction.

I agree. I just feel Zaun is trying to play both sides of the coin saying things like "If I could vote, I'd give it to Donaldson" and "I think Trout deserves it more"...ummm which one is it? Does it hurt sitting on the fence?

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 02:36:11 PM »
It's so nice of the Jays to keep putting these late west coast games away early so we don't have to stay up late to watch.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 06:22:52 PM »
Yeah.  So the Jays offence is running on all cylinders again.  Revere had a great series.  Tulos still struggling but that should come around eventually.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 06:26:56 PM »
Yeah.  So the Jays offence is running on all cylinders again.  Revere had a great series.  Tulos still struggling but that should come around eventually.

That's the crazy thing. It's not really even running on all cylinders. I can't even imagine the kind of destruction they'd be putting up if Tulo was hitting like we know he's capable of.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Darryl

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 06:34:42 PM »
"Hi you've reached the Angels bullpen phone we're not home right now please leave a message."

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 06:34:42 PM »