Author Topic: Islanders @ Leafs - Mar. 9, 7:30pm - SNO, Fan 590  (Read 6350 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Islanders @ Leafs - Mar. 9, 7:30pm - SNO, Fan 590
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2015, 08:29:55 AM »
Eeesh, not a single top-9 F or top-4 D was above 40% in shot attempts last night. 4th line and bottom pairing guys were between 40-45%.

Offline Al14

• Veteran
  • Leafs fan for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2015, 08:45:57 AM »
Thank you Johnny T.

Where the hell was he with the winning goal in the 3rd period?  He's trolling our tank hard!!! 

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2015, 09:55:12 AM »
That was worth sticking around to see.  I could totally get behind the Isles as the East's SC finalist.  A million x them over MTL, BOS, etc.

I think they, like many other EC playoff teams, have some significant issues that will lead to struggles in the playoffs. I see Tampa as the team to beat in the East.

Their defense isn't good enough.  And if Nick Leddy is out for any extended length of time that could hurt them.

Offline Chris

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2015, 09:59:03 AM »
That was worth sticking around to see.  I could totally get behind the Isles as the East's SC finalist.  A million x them over MTL, BOS, etc.

I think they, like many other EC playoff teams, have some significant issues that will lead to struggles in the playoffs. I see Tampa as the team to beat in the East.

Their defense isn't good enough.  And if Nick Leddy is out for any extended length of time that could hurt them.

I wasn't impressed with the Islanders last night. Perhaps they were just playing down a bit to the level of their opposition but I don't see them making a deep run in the playoffs.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2015, 04:20:49 PM »
Certainly this wasn't the Isles better games, but they won and that's all that counts.  They've played better than this as evidence of their ascension to the top of the standings, thanks to changes they made for this season and the coming to of age of some of their players.

Tavares is having a great year, Okposo, too (before the injury). Add in Nelson, Bailey, et al, plus credible netminding, a far better defence with the addition of Leddy & Boychuk to boot, a system to follow, excellent coaching, and a GM who finally got it right and voilą! These Isles are for real.

Couldn't be happier as an Islander fan!  Feeling sad as a Leafs fan, though, but at least I have another team to cheer for.  Hooray!

Way to go, Johnny T!  Way to go, Islanders!

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2015, 04:20:49 PM »