Author Topic: Bruins @ Leafs - Nov. 12th, 8:00pm - SNO, Fan 590  (Read 8246 times)

Offline Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bruins @ Leafs - Nov. 12th, 8:00pm - SNO, Fan 590
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2014, 11:32:54 AM »
I dont care who played or didn't for Boston. We beat them soundly for once and I love it... Most enjoyable regualr season win for me in years... Way to go Blue and White

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2014, 11:32:54 AM »

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2014, 01:01:54 PM »
I dont care who played or didn't for Boston. We beat them soundly for once and I love it... Most enjoyable regualr season win for me in years... Way to go Blue and White

It was a good game, you cant blame the win on injuries. We have a fair share of our own also.

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2014, 02:31:46 PM »
Just imagine how many more goals Kessel would have scored last night if Orr had been on the bench, disuading the Bruins from intimidating Kessel in to only a 2-goal night.

Offline caveman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2014, 02:50:38 PM »
Chemistry actually seems to be taking effect!  I have to credit Spott with Holland and Leivo's improved play, having him on the bench seems to be facilitating the transistion between the Marlies and the Leafs.  And Horacheck always is behind the guys with his clipboard and they really seem to be listening to him..the real acid test is Friday night.  If they can hold their own with the Penguins then we may just be for real.

That was my thought from last night too. These new coaches seem to be helping....

Online Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2014, 04:11:40 PM »

Defense was not the greatest, but beyond Bergeron's line, there wasn't really anything to do as the Leafs kept play in the OZ. Franson had some oopsie-daisies in his own zone, but also had some highlights holding the line at the other end. Polak seems to be the defenseman that we've been trying to buy these past five years with Schenn, Komisarek, etc. -- extra coarse grit sandpaper. The difference is that he doesn't try to do too much. Rielly and Gardiner seemed to have good nights, wheeling and dealing. Robidas hasn't quite stabilized yet, but there are some flashes to his game that suggest that if he were to ever reach 100% health, he'd be a calming influence on the backend.

Good analysis.  Especially agree with this.

Offline crazyperfectdevil

• Veteran
  • Dead Inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »
i know it's only one game...and an early regular season one at that..but i did enjoy perusing the boston message boards and watching as they overlooked the game against the leafs ..deciding who should be in net for montreal..to the horror of them being ripped to shreds in the second period...

it would be nice if the leafs used this as a game to grow on ...instead of it being an outlier

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2014, 09:13:31 AM »
i know it's only one game...and an early regular season one at that..but i did enjoy perusing the boston message boards and watching as they overlooked the game against the leafs ..deciding who should be in net for montreal..to the horror of them being ripped to shreds in the second period...

it would be nice if the leafs used this as a game to grow on ...instead of it being an outlier

So much for that.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2014, 09:13:31 AM »