Author Topic: The Official Complaint Thread!  (Read 149945 times)

Offline Mordac

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Complaint Thread!
« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2011, 01:47:40 AM »
Just go to the LCBO. Likely to be less of a lineup, and the selection is much nicer.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2011, 01:47:40 AM »

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2011, 01:02:03 PM »
Apple, and thier and proprietary BS.

I bought an iPad2 and I have a bunch of USB power adapters... but unless I plug the iPad cable into the the USB adapter that comes with the iPad, it doesn't charge So if I want to have chargers in multiple rooms, I have to go get another apple approved adapter, and as usual, they charge twice as much as the rest of the world for a simple item.

Online Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2011, 01:47:36 PM »
Thanks, at least I won't have to pay Apple's ridiculous prices if I need to get a new charger.

It would still be nice if i could just use the adapters I have, but that's Apple.

Offline Mordac

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2011, 05:10:41 PM »
Deebo,

always check monoprice.com first.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=112&cp_id=11201&cs_id=1120102&p_id=7865&seq=1&format=2

The drawback to Monoprice, and the reason shops still get my money, is the time factor. When I need a cable, I typically need it now. Not a week from now. And unless you're buying several items, the shipping costs alone eat into a significant portion of any savings.

That said, if you plan ahead, or can afford to wait, they really do have good prices.

Online Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 03, 2011, 07:20:59 PM »
$2.50 for an HDMI cable at monoprice with a comparable cable for $60+ at futureshop? I'm willing to wait a few days. :)

Online Rob

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 03, 2011, 08:15:55 PM »
Thats why I love my Starbucks...its so expensive, i never have to wait in line ;)

Then I guess you've never been to one in Waterloo. I visit 2 locations and there are times when the line is long enough to make me turn around and leave. Then again a line of 10 at one of them is long enough to be out the doors.

Haha - the one on University?

Nope, the one in Uptown Waterloo. University was like that but they rearranged the line. It takes 20 there to be out the door now  ;) Still happens sometimes with Laurier across the street, but Uptown is the worst.

I'm trying to remember where the one uptown was....that the one on King by the LCBO?

TO THE SKILLET!

Offline Kessel Run

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 03, 2011, 09:56:36 PM »
Deebo,

always check monoprice.com first.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=112&cp_id=11201&cs_id=1120102&p_id=7865&seq=1&format=2

The drawback to Monoprice, and the reason shops still get my money, is the time factor. When I need a cable, I typically need it now. Not a week from now. And unless you're buying several items, the shipping costs alone eat into a significant portion of any savings.

That said, if you plan ahead, or can afford to wait, they really do have good prices.

I can attest to Monoprice as well. Lots of high quality stuff there. There's a nice iPad 2 case on there as well for $6.XX

Offline Sucker Punch

• Rookie
  • I don't talk to suckers, boy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2011, 10:53:44 PM »
Come on, old people.   Clutch is not death metal.

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 04, 2011, 09:56:39 AM »
$2.50 for an HDMI cable at monoprice with a comparable cable for $60+ at futureshop? I'm willing to wait a few days. :)

Places like Tigerdirect and Canada Computers have reasonably priced HDMI cables.

Offline Stronger Than All

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2011, 10:57:59 AM »

wow.

Offline Damian

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2011, 11:23:20 AM »

wow.

lol.... hard maybe, but certainly not death....

Offline leafsjunkie

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 04, 2011, 12:43:16 PM »

Places like Tigerdirect and Canada Computers have reasonably priced HDMI cables.

Same with Walmart, I got a 20 foot HDMI cable for $20. Can't beat the price.

Offline Mordac

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 04, 2011, 01:00:24 PM »

If you live out West, there is a place called "princess auto" (Kind of like a cross between Canadian Tire, and Active Surplus) that sells HDMI cables for $20.

Offline J-Ho Fan

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 04, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »

If you live out West, there is a place called "princess auto" (Kind of like a cross between Canadian Tire, and Active Surplus) that sells HDMI cables for $20.

There's one in Whitby on Victoria Street

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #284 on: October 04, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »