Other Hockey News & Views > NHL Transactions

Eichel to Vegas

(1/6) > >>

Significantly Insignificant:
Per Darren Dreger, Eichel is going to Vegas for Alex Tuch and picks.

Bender:
I have no idea how to feel about this. I think maybe Buffalo won that trade considering the significance of Eichels injury? Tuch is a good piece, Krebs puts up points everywhere plus another first rounder which might not be as low as people think. Who knows.

I thought Vegas didn't have the space, but man the balls on that organization. They really help keep the NHL trade front mildly interesting.

L K:
They don't have the cap space right now if everyone comes back before the playoffs.  If Eichel is done until the regular season is over they can fit everyone but they are almost 6 million (5.77) over the cap with a 12 forward 6 defenseman 2 goaltender roster

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: Bender on November 04, 2021, 08:09:07 AM ---I have no idea how to feel about this. I think maybe Buffalo won that trade considering the significance of Eichels injury? Tuch is a good piece, Krebs puts up points everywhere plus another first rounder which might not be as low as people think. Who knows.

I thought Vegas didn't have the space, but man the balls on that organization. They really help keep the NHL trade front mildly interesting.

--- End quote ---

Tuch is still out for a couple months after shoulder surgery - less significant than Eichel's, but not something that should be overlooked - and, really, the value of the pieces Buffalo added don't have the same impact as Eichel. Vegas got the better end of the deal. Not that Buffalo did poorly, but, hard to come out ahead when you're trading a elite young player.

That being said, Vegas keeps putting themselves into cap hell, so, we'll see how that works out.

L K:
So 3rd round pick swabs in 2023, a top 10 protected 1st round pick in 2022, Peyton Krebs (2019 17th overall) and Alex Tuch for Eichel.

Buffalo is too cheap to have salary so they are keeping Tuch off LTIR to maintain the cap floor (how is that not cap circumvention?)

Vegas is going to have about 28 million dollars in players on LTIR to fit under the cap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version